My Gym Membership expired.... >

My Gym Membership expired....

Community
Notices

My Gym Membership expired....

Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default My Gym Membership expired....

and I'm going through withdrawls..... You might be thinking, "just renew it dummy", but I like to be pre-paid for the year which also includes the GF's membership....$600 for the 2 of us. Just waiting for my tax return and I'll be back in business
Sorry for the rant......
Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

I use to belong to the gym and never work out or not work out hard enough when I went.
Last year, I decided to quit the gym and be on my own. Now I am in the best shape of my life than I've ever been. And i don't have the gym. I run outside, work out on excercise TV. Just fine.

Hang in there. Do the best you can while waiting.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
I use to belong to the gym and never work out or not work out hard enough when I went.
Last year, I decided to quit the gym and be on my own. Now I am in the best shape of my life than I've ever been. And i don't have the gym. I run outside, work out on excercise TV. Just fine.

Hang in there. Do the best you can while waiting.
Ya, I hear you. I really want to turn the pool room into a workout area, but the GF doesn't want to get rid of the pool table just yet...

We were just used to the routine and now the routine has changed. I have been running a lot more and using the free weights at home since it expired.

I also now have time to finish up projects around the house, for example,I just got my veggie garden started
Old 04-14-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Ouch, I'm one of those people who lives at the gym, mostly because it's nicer than my flat, , but also because of the shitty weather. So I feel your pain. I also like to pay up front for the year because I don't like to worry about having to pay it month to month.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ya know 2 months ago I would have muttered under my breath "hey, get over it and go for a run". I've never been a gym rat. I've tried several times over the years and just couldn't get into it and besides my motto has always been "if it ain't outdoors, it ain't exercise".

Then I joined a Crossfit gym ("box" in CF lingo) and SW07, I totally undestand your pain! I still do the Run, bike, Ski, hike, kayak and "extreme gardening", but if I don't get a couple sessions of heavy lifting and have at least one new skill PR in a week I'm a nut case.

So here's hoping that your tax return returns quickly!

Pam
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Ya know 2 months ago I would have muttered under my breath "hey, get over it and go for a run". I've never been a gym rat. I've tried several times over the years and just couldn't get into it and besides my motto has always been "if it ain't outdoors, it ain't exercise".

Then I joined a Crossfit gym ("box" in CF lingo) and SW07, I totally undestand your pain! I still do the Run, bike, Ski, hike, kayak and "extreme gardening", but if I don't get a couple sessions of heavy lifting and have at least one new skill PR in a week I'm a nut case.

So here's hoping that your tax return returns quickly!

Pam
Yep, been running alot, I've been averaging 17mpw- it sure is fun
Although I miss my heavy lifting days...however, my return showed up in today's mail-yay!
It was supposed to be an electronic transfer..wth? Ironically, the bottom of the check has a statement saying to the effect of how I can get my return faster and not waste paper by going with the e-file system...duh, I did.
No wonder this state is so effed up and in debt.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
and I'm going through withdrawls..... You might be thinking, "just renew it dummy", but I like to be pre-paid for the year which also includes the GF's membership....$600 for the 2 of us. Just waiting for my tax return and I'll be back in business
Sorry for the rant......
I'm in the same exact boat!!!! Pre-paid for the year, but I'm having to pay taxes! Tues, Thurs & Sat. were my work out days, those 3 days came and went last week. I felt lost, almost. The gym was my outlet.