Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 561
Default My Gym Membership expired....

and I'm going through withdrawls..... You might be thinking, "just renew it dummy", but I like to be pre-paid for the year which also includes the GF's membership....$600 for the 2 of us. Just waiting for my tax return and I'll be back in business
Sorry for the rant......
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 426
Default

I use to belong to the gym and never work out or not work out hard enough when I went.
Last year, I decided to quit the gym and be on my own. Now I am in the best shape of my life than I've ever been. And i don't have the gym. I run outside, work out on excercise TV. Just fine.

Hang in there. Do the best you can while waiting.
lastri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastri View Post
I use to belong to the gym and never work out or not work out hard enough when I went.
Last year, I decided to quit the gym and be on my own. Now I am in the best shape of my life than I've ever been. And i don't have the gym. I run outside, work out on excercise TV. Just fine.

Hang in there. Do the best you can while waiting.
Ya, I hear you. I really want to turn the pool room into a workout area, but the GF doesn't want to get rid of the pool table just yet...

We were just used to the routine and now the routine has changed. I have been running a lot more and using the free weights at home since it expired.

I also now have time to finish up projects around the house, for example,I just got my veggie garden started
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: germany
Posts: 21
Default

Ouch, I'm one of those people who lives at the gym, mostly because it's nicer than my flat, , but also because of the shitty weather. So I feel your pain. I also like to pay up front for the year because I don't like to worry about having to pay it month to month.
__________________
30 Day No Fast-Food Challenge: 30 COMPLETED
30 Day No Alcohol Challenge: 5
30 Day No Tofu Challenge: 19

Start Weight: 133
Pounds Lost: 3
Current Weight: 130
Goal Weight: 115
Pounds to go: 15
Goal Date: July 27, 2011

Running is like my coffee, it get's me up in the morning, the fresh air smells great, it energizes me, and motivates me through the day.
AceofCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Ya know 2 months ago I would have muttered under my breath "hey, get over it and go for a run". I've never been a gym rat. I've tried several times over the years and just couldn't get into it and besides my motto has always been "if it ain't outdoors, it ain't exercise".

Then I joined a Crossfit gym ("box" in CF lingo) and SW07, I totally undestand your pain! I still do the Run, bike, Ski, hike, kayak and "extreme gardening", but if I don't get a couple sessions of heavy lifting and have at least one new skill PR in a week I'm a nut case.

So here's hoping that your tax return returns quickly!

Pam
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki View Post
Ya know 2 months ago I would have muttered under my breath "hey, get over it and go for a run". I've never been a gym rat. I've tried several times over the years and just couldn't get into it and besides my motto has always been "if it ain't outdoors, it ain't exercise".

Then I joined a Crossfit gym ("box" in CF lingo) and SW07, I totally undestand your pain! I still do the Run, bike, Ski, hike, kayak and "extreme gardening", but if I don't get a couple sessions of heavy lifting and have at least one new skill PR in a week I'm a nut case.

So here's hoping that your tax return returns quickly!

Pam
Yep, been running alot, I've been averaging 17mpw- it sure is fun
Although I miss my heavy lifting days...however, my return showed up in today's mail-yay!
It was supposed to be an electronic transfer..wth? Ironically, the bottom of the check has a statement saying to the effect of how I can get my return faster and not waste paper by going with the e-file system...duh, I did.
No wonder this state is so effed up and in debt.
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07 View Post
and I'm going through withdrawls..... You might be thinking, "just renew it dummy", but I like to be pre-paid for the year which also includes the GF's membership....$600 for the 2 of us. Just waiting for my tax return and I'll be back in business
Sorry for the rant......
I'm in the same exact boat!!!! Pre-paid for the year, but I'm having to pay taxes! Tues, Thurs & Sat. were my work out days, those 3 days came and went last week. I felt lost, almost. The gym was my outlet.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2