I've been living in Turkey for a little over 2 years now, and we just rescently found out we'll be able to go back to the USA soon.
In these past two years I have missed so many foods, and things available in the USA which were either hard to find here, or much too expensive to buy here. In my efforts of weight loss I often felt discouraged and would give up because I felt like it was even more of a challenge because I lacked so many of the things I know are readily available in the USA, which made my last weight loss efforts successful. So, here is my list! This is to remind me of why I loved how easily accessible things are in the USA. Some of these also have nothing to do with dieting or weight loss but I just miss them soooo desperately!!
1) Stepper- You have to import them here
2) Whey protien- SUPER expensive here, and shipping is too
3) Hormone creams lol You can't buy ANY medicines without a prescription other than aspirin and a basic vitamin.
4) FİSH!!!!! -It's SOOO expensive here! I eat it maybe 4 times a year, but in the USA I ate it almost every other day
5) Black olives - they taste like green olives here
6) Gluten Free anygthing- not available
7) Sugar free- so hard to find
8) Diet, low fat, fat free- hard to find
9) Kefir - though it comes from here, it's hard for me to find it easily
10) Quinoa- can't find it
11) Beef- I don't eat it much in the USA, but it's so expensive here that I ate it even less than the USA. I miss lean cut red meat
12) Turkey- I mean the big ole Thanksgiving Turkey lol. Not Turkey hotdogs or salami like here
13) Normal toilets- I'm tired of wondering if a public or private toilet has a closet toilet-This has caused severe problems for me.
14) Drinking a giant glass of milk with my Tuna sandwiches- Everyone freaks out here if you have fish and milk in the same day
15) Not having to eat Bread all the time! Bread is EVERYWHERE here, and everyone expects you to eat it! Very hard when I'm not suppose to eat it
16) Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, and Coconut Oil- All are SOO expensive here
17) Walmart!!!! I MİSS WALMART!! LOL
18) Having a Car- I get motion sickness every time we have to take the public bus here- people drive a little wild
19) Clothes made for plus size women- Clothes are sooo tiny here, and it's been torture finding even a size 14-16 pant size. Bigger women wear elastic waist clothes, but I can't even find those.
20) Last but not least- My own apartment.
We live together with my husbands parents, so there's minimal privacy. I feel like a 12 year old, so I miss having my own house rules, my own way of cleaning, and not having to be nagged if my room is a little sloppy (my MIL does that still)
21) Flipflops-husband and his mom are kinda wierd about them
22) wearing white when I want to- they stick to the summer white-winter no white thing
YAY FOR RETURNİNG TO THE USA!!! My husband has never stepped foot out of his own country, and never been away from his parents for more than a week so it'll be a totally new experience for him..He doesn't understand why I talk about home so much...
Anything you ever had to live without that you miss??