Notices

Valentine's Day!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Post Valentine's Day!

Is approaching! Monday the 14th =)

Does anyone have any plans? Whether you're single or dating or married =) Unfortunately I work every day on the week days, 2 til midnight, so I don't get much time to do anything except on the weekends.

I am terrible at surprising my boyfriend but this time I think I have done it we both wan't to get a real gun someday soon but we decided we want to start off small and get a BB Gun eventually...

I bought him a wicked BB Gun with scope and Bb's + pellets, plus the stock changes to adjust to different heights! Yay! I'm so excited- both for his expression and to try it!

And if only Chocolate had no Calories =( I want my Reese's!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Although I have no specific plans, I started a tradition many years ago (when I was young and broke with nothing but culinary skills ) to make big, homemade fortune cookies for the people I loved. I get white bakery boxes from my local bakery, tie them with fancy red ribbon and tailor the fortunes to fit the recipient. What started as all I could afford has become my husband and daughters favorite gift in the world. If I quit making them, they would be heartbroken!

quinn
Old 02-08-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

What a wonderful idea Quinn!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Is approaching! Monday the 14th =)

Does anyone have any plans? Whether you're single or dating or married =) Unfortunately I work every day on the week days, 2 til midnight, so I don't get much time to do anything except on the weekends.

I am terrible at surprising my boyfriend but this time I think I have done it we both wan't to get a real gun someday soon but we decided we want to start off small and get a BB Gun eventually...

I bought him a wicked BB Gun with scope and Bb's + pellets, plus the stock changes to adjust to different heights! Yay! I'm so excited- both for his expression and to try it!

And if only Chocolate had no Calories =( I want my Reese's!
Target shooting is a great family activity. The wife and I used to enjoy it (she's pretty good with a .45). Enjoy!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Target shooting is a great family activity. The wife and I used to enjoy it (she's pretty good with a .45). Enjoy!

Regards,
Michael
Lol yea we are both avid Call of Duty (video game) players so I figure it's like that and we're both nerds anyway the only thing is I don't want to kill any little critters =( but luckily they are hibernating for now
Old 02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Although I have no specific plans, I started a tradition many years ago (when I was young and broke with nothing but culinary skills ) to make big, homemade fortune cookies for the people I loved. I get white bakery boxes from my local bakery, tie them with fancy red ribbon and tailor the fortunes to fit the recipient. What started as all I could afford has become my husband and daughters favorite gift in the world. If I quit making them, they would be heartbroken!

quinn
OOH! I love Fortune Cookies! As does the Bf Do you know the recipe off hand? I'm no culinary expert myself but that sounds like a project I would enjoy making.. and eating ..=)
Old 02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
FitDay Member

quinn
That is so funny, that is exactly what I was planning on doing for my husband this year. I wanted to make fortune cookies with each saying a different "I love you because ___". I found a recipe to make them out of pie crust and cinnamon sugar. Do you use just a normal fortune cookie recipe?? That is so sweet that your family appreciates gifts like that.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
FitDay Member

quinn
That is such a great idea! Please do share your recipe. I think I'd like to have a stab at them, too.

I wonder how many significant others are going to get fortune cookies for Valentines Day this year.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
FitDay Member

I love the fortune cookie idea too! Don't need to get the kids BB guns, their grandparents already did that for Christmas. As a kid I loved shooting, but I haven't done it in years. Your BF is going to love it! Gee you guys make me feel really uncreative, all I was planning was to throw on a sexy scrap of nothing and dance around the bedroom.

Usually we make homemade chocolates together, the kids give them to their friends and then I make a secret batch to give the kids. DH buys them each a bouquet and then we have a special dinner together with candles and fussy finger food. I'm not sure how all that is going to work out this year, because Valentine's falls on a Monday and the kids have swim practice 6-8. And I have to teach a class on Saturday night. Maybe Friday?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'd be happy to share the recipe. This one is very similar to the one I use. I chose it because it has awesome instructions. Mine bake for 11 min. You have to use parchment paper or they will stick. Also, if you want them to look uniform and professional, trace 4" circles on the back of the parchment paper, flip it over and place the batter neatly in the circle. I usually only do 2 at a time because they have to be hot to fold. Read through the 9 Tips before you start. They are a little tricky your first few attempts and you will burn your fingers folding them, but they're worth it!

Fortune Cookie Recipe

Twinnermommy,

About my family appreciating homemade gifts- one of the biggest insults in my family is if you give someone a card purchased from a store for any occasion. I started that when my kids were small. My son is now 27 and married and still pulls out the crayons to make my birthday cards, etc. every year. It's one of the things I'm proudest of as a mom.

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 02-09-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.