Notices

Valentine's Day!

Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

behaze,

How cool that my idea is "traveling" to Australia! I hope you enjoy them!

quinn
Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing! You sound like a great mom, especially that it has stuck this long! We are currently at the 'don't want to spend money on anything more than homemade' stage (I made a felt playhouse for christmas instead of buying presents ) and it is good to know it has it's benefits
Old 02-09-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Gee you guys make me feel really uncreative, all I was planning was to throw on a sexy scrap of nothing and dance around the bedroom.
haha! I love reading your posts! The chocolates idea sounds way fun, too.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

My for boyfriend i got a little heart bag and filled it with goodies- ill place this in his lunch box and let him enjoy the vday candy throughout the workday...other than that i bought him a nice card and some random things...

i was going to send him some type of manly "flower" or maybe fruit at work..but it is so pricey!!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Twinner,

Thanks. I love your felt playhouse idea! You sound a lot like me 20 years ago. Although we now have everything we could ever want or need, my husband will tell you that the best gift I ever gave him was an extra long homemade scarf (...he's 6'4") and my sons favorite is a valentine I made for him when he was learning how to read. It consisted of a 10" red, construction paper heart for each letter of the alphabet and written inside was why I loved him using that letter. ...(and his cookies, of course!) I didn't tell him until he was grown that that was all I could afford then. After I told him, he went to his closet and pulled out the Valentine... 18 years later! I think he still has it.

As for my 17 year old daughter, she'd say her best gift was a new Ford Focus I bought her last summer for college, but I digress.....

Last edited by quinnesec; 02-10-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Love your fortune cookie, ideal, Quinn...I think I may appropriate it as well!

We are celebrating this weekend; our son has district band Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. Hubby and I are going to experiment with cooking some new recipes together, play some tennis, and have a long and slow Saturday morning together before embarking on the family financial summit in the afternoon.

Twinnermommy, a couple years ago I did that "I love you because..." on a hundred teeny bits of paper, then rolled them and put them in a fancy-but-masculine box...but I think I should do it with the fortune cookies, too. Monday is a work-at-home day for me and it's been a bit slow, so I'll surprise the guys when they get home.

Of course, if I totally bomb the cookies, then no one will be the wiser.

Thanks for the idea . Hope everyone enjoys the day...after all, we all love someone somehow, right?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Twinnermommy
haha! I love reading your posts! The chocolates idea sounds way fun, too.
Here I was being honest about my plan, and you laugh. All I can say to that is that you can only laugh because you've never seen me dance. Believe me it wouldn't make you laugh it's really more of a "cover my eyes, look away" type of experience.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I love the fortune cookie idea too! Don't need to get the kids BB guns, their grandparents already did that for Christmas. As a kid I loved shooting, but I haven't done it in years. Your BF is going to love it! Gee you guys make me feel really uncreative, all I was planning was to throw on a sexy scrap of nothing and dance around the bedroom.

Usually we make homemade chocolates together, the kids give them to their friends and then I make a secret batch to give the kids. DH buys them each a bouquet and then we have a special dinner together with candles and fussy finger food. I'm not sure how all that is going to work out this year, because Valentine's falls on a Monday and the kids have swim practice 6-8. And I have to teach a class on Saturday night. Maybe Friday?
Aw don't worry about creativity! My boyfriend and I have only been together 6 months but I'm so as the years add on I won't be as decked out lol but I think I have found the one so I want to make our first Valentine's Day really wondeful =)

My bf has no idea what I'm getting him either lol he's been guessing from seom sexy lingerie on me to a ring he liked at Kay Jeweler's so I hope he likes this just as much- seeing as I know he really wants one and luckily he doesn't remember! lol

But that sounds lovely too =) dinner with candles, we don't even have a dinner table yet and we've been moved into our place since the fall but we just eat on our bed lol it's an interesting situation none the less

and yea I work Monday so we will probably have to do something Sunday
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'd be happy to share the recipe. This one is very similar to the one I use. I chose it because it has awesome instructions. Mine bake for 11 min. You have to use parchment paper or they will stick. Also, if you want them to look uniform and professional, trace 4" circles on the back of the parchment paper, flip it over and place the batter neatly in the circle. I usually only do 2 at a time because they have to be hot to fold. Read through the 9 Tips before you start. They are a little tricky your first few attempts and you will burn your fingers folding them, but they're worth it!

Fortune Cookie Recipe

Twinnermommy,

About my family appreciating homemade gifts- one of the biggest insults in my family is if you give someone a card purchased from a store for any occasion. I started that when my kids were small. My son is now 27 and married and still pulls out the crayons to make my birthday cards, etc. every year. It's one of the things I'm proudest of as a mom.

quinn
YAY! Hopefully I can pull it off lol and if I do I might make it a Christmas thing too! lol I'm always hurting for money and present by the time Christmas rolls around

Yea I'm not a fan of store bought cards either and usually make my own goofy ones but I don't work at a daycare anymore so I don't have access to Glitter unless I buy myself (my boyfriend hates glitter) lol =P
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
My for boyfriend i got a little heart bag and filled it with goodies- ill place this in his lunch box and let him enjoy the vday candy throughout the workday...other than that i bought him a nice card and some random things...

i was going to send him some type of manly "flower" or maybe fruit at work..but it is so pricey!!
Aw that sounds like a nice idea =) I wish I had things to think about my boyfriend while at work- besides him texting me lol

Ooh and what kind of flowers out there are manly? Sounds like an interesting thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.