Notices

Pet Peeves

Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alleysgurl
My kids always feeling sick...when it's time to pick up the toy room.
I'll do you one better on that one. My oldest DD automatically starts doing the potty dance the second you ask her to do any work. So she dashes into the bathroom and low and behold FORGETS to do whatever it is you asked her to do.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, my turn.

#1 husband pet peeve. We have been married for nearly 34 years, so I am being nice only mentioning one.
If I use a scented fabric softener he coughs and sputters, refusing to use blankets or sheets. He will shiver through the night because he is cold, but not put scented fabric near his body.

BUT

He comes home sweaty, and filthy from the farm. I nearly throw up from the smell that surrounds him, but he only takes a shower if he is going out, which is once a month.
Driving pet peeve - Cyclists on the wrong side of the road and even moreso if they are on the sidewalk.

Society in general - People who get away with crimes, even when they are caught in the act, because they are mentally unstable, but then released to re-offend.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

What about people that complain that everyone is in their business? It cracks me up when people complain about others being in their business, then they rush to facebook to let the world know what they are doing.
"Headed to Wal Mart."
"Feel like crap today."
"Just took a big dump."

NOBODY CARES!!!!

How about posting "I'm not going to update everything I do every 5 minutes on facebook b/c I'm about to get a life!"

Food: people that talk with food in their mouth, people that smack when they chew or slurp when they drink.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-05-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nottango
Does anyone else get bothered by "waiting on" rather than "waiting for"?? I wish someone would've corrected John Mayer....
Is it just me?
That one doesn't bother me.

The one that gets me is "It's not who you know..."
I what to yell "It's not who you know, it's WHOM you know!"
Old 02-05-2011, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

I find this quite fun

I fine that people that eat with there mouth open and food drops out ..I just want to go over and tell them that I really do not wish to see there food being chewed.
and people that shuffle there feet ..it reminds me of people that are not proud of them self. not sure why but it just does
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM
FitDay Member

In no particular order:

'Off of' just gets right under my skin - e.g. 'go jump off of a bridge'.

People who, while talking, correct their speech in a manner such as this:
"Oh, I ran down . . . run down to the shops yesterday"

There, they're and their. Your and you're. Two, too and to. Loose and lose. Its and it's. Bought and brought. This list could go on interminably, so I'll stop now.

Dusty footprints on my clean floor, and a nonchalant shrug when it's pointed out.

The 'dot-dot-dot' being used in place of all other punctuation.

Beard trimmings left in the sink.

Drivers who don't move over for merging traffic.

Lights turned on while it's sunny and bright.

The Wii on, the Playstation on, the DVD player on, the TV on, the sound system on . . . and no one in sight.

The person in the 'technical support' department of the call centre getting poopy with me because I've politely asked too many times for them to repeat themselves as their accent is very thick.

Parents who don't reply to kids' party invitations.

Really, I guess, my most intense pet peeve is people who don't do things the way I'd do them.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

How about people that wait for the bus, stand there, doing nothing and when the bus finally arrives they don't have their bus pass out. So they are digging in their purse, pockets, backpack or wallet while the rest of us are standing in the cold waiting for them to move out of the darn way!

Also, when it comes to grammer, the biggest one that drives me crazy is people that use "real" instead of "really" i.e. "It's real cold outside" seriously? as opposed to it being "fake" cold outside? I hear news casters do it. So many people. Makes me a little crazy.

How about "I could care less"? Well, if you could care less, that means you care some. I think the phrase you're looking for is "I couldn't care less". Right?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SweetMelissa427
How about "I could care less"? Well, if you could care less, that means you care some. I think the phrase you're looking for is "I couldn't care less". Right?
Oh my god, I cannot believe I forgot that one!! Every time I hear that, I want to slap someone.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by behaze
Oh my god, I cannot believe I forgot that one!! Every time I hear that, I want to slap someone.
Right? It's so annoying!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

It's only "insure" if you are spending money on a policy, otherwise it's "ensure". Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.