Notices

Weather Check-in: Everyone OK?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Weather Check-in: Everyone OK?

Hi All,

What else is there to talk about today, but the weather?
75% of the country in snow, brutal winds, what's it like you your neck of the woods.

I have to say that SoCal is living up to its reputation: A little overcast, but there is nothing to complain about here.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's supposed to hit us tonight. Everyone's expecting a snow day tomorrow--looks like we'll be working into the end of June at this rate!

Another $30 plow job and a missed day of pay is what it amounts to for me.

On the good side, shoveling and snowblowing is a darned good workout, so there IS that for an upside.

Stay safe, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi All,

What else is there to talk about today, but the weather?
75% of the country in snow, brutal winds, what's it like you your neck of the woods.

I have to say that SoCal is living up to its reputation: A little overcast, but there is nothing to complain about here.
Same here, mid 60's & sunny all week here in NorCal I'm hoping to get in a couple of bike rides this weekend.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

We are expecting it this afternoon/evening. I can work from home but others are going to have to take a snow day.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

It's 37 at the beach right now! Brrrr...I wish it would snow!!! What a waste of cold weather!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

we are under a tornado watch right now. The weather sucks here.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Just got back in from my walk--it's 10F and has started to snow lightly--just enough to make is slickery. I guess we're supposed to get a foot to a foot and half total. Yay!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Mitten

Here in Michigan we have a Blizzard Warning, going into effect soon until Tomorrow sometime. Some cities are declaring a Winter Emergency and it hasn't even started snowing yet.

We are expecting 1-2" to fall.. per hour!.. and in the end we are supposed to get 24" inches total I believe.

Just more snow in Michigan, I'm used to it and cannot WAIT to move.. but we will see if this storm lives up to the hype- like past ones. But if it gets bad I get two days off in a row so I can finally clean my house! And set up the Ab Lounge lol

Hope everyone drives SAFELY-regardless. I know a lot of people with 4 wheel drive like to think they are invincible up here but I have seen my fair share of trucks in the ditches.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

They just issued a state of emergency here (St. Louis). National guard is here, entire city pretty much shut down. Major highways shut down for white out conditions. Freezing rain last night, sleet all day today, 14-18 snow expected on top of all that accompanied by 40 mpr. winds. Fun, fun. Just hoping we don't lose power with all the wind and ice on the lines and trees. Ya'll stay safe!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys

I am a couple hours east of Toronto in Ontario and so far it is doing nothing here. That said we are under a severe snowfall warning but I have found from past experience when they really make you worried about it all we get is a light dusting.

I know my son is hoping for a snow day though, he hasn't had one yet this winter!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.