Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
What do you do for a living? >

What do you do for a living?

Community
Notices

What do you do for a living?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Farmer, but only required to work the busy times right now.

If I try to go to the farm, my daughter complains at me and says I am not needed. If I don't go to the farm, she complains that I am not going to work.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Farmer, but only required to work the busy times right now.

If I try to go to the farm, my daughter complains at me and says I am not needed. If I don't go to the farm, she complains that I am not going to work.
very interesting job. What all do you grow and how big is your farm?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
very interesting job. What all do you grow and how big is your farm?
We have a little big bigger than a family sized farm. In other words, I should be working daily.

We have over 2000 animals that need daily feeding and a constant supply of water.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

We have a little big bigger than a family sized farm. In other words, I should be working daily.

We have over 2000 animals that need daily feeding and a constant supply of water.
Annette,
That is very cool. My husband keeps saying that he want to buy a farm and we will live there when we retired. Maybe in 30 years. But I am not a farm girl. My farther is a farmer but my mother took me away when I was 5 and raise me in the city. So I am a city girl.

Now I am a daycare provider. I stay home take care my 2 young children and take care some of my neighbor's kids. It's kind of fun but my network getting smaller everyday.
Mai
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

I grew up on a farm, when I was a kid I hated it, now I understand what my parents saw in it, and I wouldn't mind moving back. However we never had 2000 animals, more like 200 and even that seemed like a lot of work.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lastri
Annette,

Now I am a daycare provider. I stay home take care my 2 young children and take care some of my neighbor's kids. It's kind of fun but my network getting smaller everyday.
Mai
I bet that network is getting smaller... they're under 4' tall.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Student, student :)

I'm a full time Law student, hence busy and my daily routine is very messy because of the schedule. Basically, its the reason is very hard to maintain a normal eating regime as I never know when I will have the time to eat and it results of eating junk food.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a nurse turned defense lawyer. Some of the Dr's I work with thought it happened overnight like on the soap operas. I represent a lot of mentally ill clients who find themselves involved in the criminal system. Last week I ended up having Cracker Jack Popcorn and Apple juice for dinner because of getting tied up in court till 6:30 and needing to be somewhere 30 minutes later. Realized later just how many calories that was! I should carry some meal replacement bars with me for those occasions.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Kumochi,

I can imagine that it wasn't an overnight process. Which do you prefer more?

Well now that I see that we have a lawyer here, I was waiting for a used car salesman to post up before posting what I do, but that may not happen. LOL

I sell piece of mind, see if I said that I'm an insurance agent people would hate me. But really I don't think of myself as the "typical" insurance salesman, which could be why I don't make the money that they do. But I try to help families plan for the "what if" and help the others deal with the "it did". I do everything from Life, Health, LTC (Long Term Care), Disability, Property & Casualty, and investment products. My main focus is to not only help my client grow their assets they've worked so hard for, but protect them as well through the other products. But unlike many other agents, my book of business isn't full of wealthy clients, maybe a handful, at best. Most of my clients are usually low income, older and struggle day to day to make ends meet. IMO they are the ones that need my help, but mainly advice the most.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mike,
If it's any consolation, DH and I love our insurance agent! He's never pushed us into anything we didn't want, but has always made sure that we have the amount we need as we've grown from pups to looking at retirement (well DH is, I'm a ways off)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.