Notices

so... who fell off the wagon over the holidays?

Old 12-27-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Are you kidding I planned on jumping off the wagon. I will catch back up to it and jump back on after the new year. I have all of this week off and my wife's family is visiting. There's only like 6 adults but we made 9 deserts. It's great . But I will probably double my workout efforts this week and run about 20 miles.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

I did! Gained about 5 lb in all... Not so much bad food around here, but just a LOT of food. I've been eating multiple meals a day. I've continued to work out, but I can only push so hard. And being heavier makes pull-ups harder.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

I absolutely did plan this "slip" over the holidays. 5 pounds worth. So many old "favorite" recipes. Detoxing now. One thing about taking care of myself is now I notice how unhealthful foods affect me--mind and body. Like Tandoori, kept my workouts in check--more for stress reduction than anything else.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

I have fallen off big time. So bad I have had to reset my goal... again. But the slip is over!! I have proven I can do this and my attitude is better than ever.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

I decided to PULL the wagon but it finally overtook and ran me over Christmas Eve! I actually ate pretty clean, just a little more cals, over the Holidays but those darn Christmas "toast" were never ending!

Good news is that the new "non stretch" jeans I got right before Christmas fit just fine when I decided to finally wear them yesterday! I was SCARED to try them on, lol!

The damage was minimal, thank goodness! I think the wagon did manage to squish some of my muscle into flab though. The repairing started yesterday with P90X abripper, ouch!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

I've been bad this week. Cookies, at least 5 a day..chocolates, and lots of other food I should be keeping away from. Blarg. :/

After New Years I'm going back to being super strict on myself.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

i fell off big time, still running to catch up with the wagon, but, did anyone see which way it went?
trying to get back on track, if this christmas cookies let me! seems i have to finish them all before even planning to chase after the wagon!
anyway, have been exercising last 2 nights, still have not purchased p90x yet, i didn't know it ends up being sooooo expensive considering all u need to purchase with it! but anyway, i'm trying, i will get the equipment when i can and get back on track eventually!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

<raises hand> Oh yes, I have been bad. Food and workout-wise. As if 15 lbs of turkey for 4 people at home isn't enough, there's STILL treats coming in from the farmers' wives at work! Slow season + homemade from scratch Grandma quality goodies in bulk = a lot of calories I don't need, but oh it's soo good... <drool> I did hit the elliptical before work yesterday, but it's farkin' freezing here, the kids are both home, and I did not get up at 7 am to hit the gym today. I may do some Pilates later, and I can't bring myself to throw these leftovers out-such a waste!-so I won't be completely back on the wagon til next week. The daughter will be back in school, and the leftovers will either be gone or "going bad" (why must I let food rot in the fridge before I can throw it away, when I know I don't want to eat it? ), so I'll be back to my "real life" soon enough. I don't know the total damages yet, I'm guessing probably 5 lbs judging by how my pants fit, but meh-it's Christmas, and a lot more fun than I've had in a long time.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ate like crazy... but today is a new day

Ate way too much... and did not work out once... not good
Old 01-01-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Pretty much every year of my adult life I've given up on the diet between Thanksgiving and New Year's. 'Tis the season to be fat and jolly right? And that was the plan this year as well, only I got struck down with the stomach bug from hell the week of Thanksgiving, and the week following. When it was over I'd dropped 15 pounds, had constant tremors and could only eat like 1/2 cup of food at a time. So basically I ate whatever looked good for the balance of December. I also couldn't really put in much of a workout for most of December, so I worked out about 1/2 as much at about 1/2 strength (so what's that like 1/4?). Anyway now I'm weak and flabby and nearly back to what I weighed pre-stomach bug. So did I fall off the wagon or was I roped and yanked off by the violent stomach bug? Dunno, don't care, I'm back in the saddle today. I went for a very long run/walk because officially I'm supposed to be training for a 10K in May. We'll see. That 10K business might be pure fantasy for this year, but for the moment I'm serious enough that I went 5.75 miles today and am looking forward to a treadmill workout Monday, which will hopefully be closer to the 6.2 miles I need to be at in May.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.