Notices

Help!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help!

I went to my docs cause I have been feeling very tired all the time despite my sleeping just fine at night. So they took a bunch of blood (blah) and had it tested. Got my results back. Seems my bad cholestrol level is high, whioch she explanined is actually common for my generation seeing as we have been eating junk the past 30 years lol. The biggest concern she has though is my Vit D level. Apparently the normal vit D level in a 30 year old woman is somewhere around 29( not sure the actual measurement) but mine is at 14. That shocked the hell out of me. Even more shocking is I am now at a higher risk for Brittle Bone Diease. She gave me some tips, increase my vit d by taking a vitiamin. What I wanted to ask everyone was what foods could I eat to help with this problem but that wont stop me from losing the weight (which she also said is a good idea and would help). Any tips would be great or email me @ [email protected].

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

do you currently take a daily vitamin? If not, I'd start there.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Start eating more fish milk?

WHFoods: vitamin D
Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Get out in the sun. Sunlight hitting your skin stimulates vitamin D production. Don't go overboard with it, 15 minutes of exposure on your arms is plenty. There's a downside to everything, and the downside to high spf sunscreen and keeping covered up is an increased incidence of vitamin D deficiency. Not to mention many people hardly leave the great indoors anymore.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
Don't go overboard with it, 15 minutes of exposure on your arms is plenty... Not to mention many people hardly leave the great indoors anymore.
Don't get scared by the sun now, if it's not too intense you can stay out as long as you want unless you're prone to serious sensitivity even when it's not too hot outside. Your body cuts off vit D production from the sun past a certain point, so interestingly you can never overdose on vit D when you're getting it from the sun