Notices

Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

Please tell me that I'm not the only one here to remember this incredibly awesome Christmas classic.

Who else remembers it and does it ever come on TV any more?
Old 12-17-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Never heard of it. Is it local to Louisiana perhaps?

Jugband sounds like they be drinkin' some hair of the dog that bit them.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

I remember it!! I haven't thought about it in ages!

I've not seen it on TV in years, though.

It was a Muppet-like thing, I think.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds scary.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is muppet like. In fact it's a Jim Henson production.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Yup, never seen it

Old 12-17-2011, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default My personal favorite

I make sure to watch this every year...

Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mike... "Watch out for that icy patch!!"
Old 12-17-2011, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Please tell me that I'm not the only one here to remember this incredibly awesome Christmas classic.

Who else remembers it and does it ever come on TV any more?
It is my ALL TIME FAVORITE Christmas special!!! We didn't have cable, but my grandparents did, so I'd always watch it at their house. I'm not real sure what channel it came on, just that it was on cable.

I'd randomly ask people that I knew if they remembered it and the looked at me like I was an alien. I spend years, literally YEARS, trying to find it to no avail. Then one day, roughly 2 years ago, a light shown down from Heaven, and there it was, in a box of Christmas DVDs that I was receiving for the store! I swear, I think I heard angels sing and I teared up a little bit. So, of course, I bought it. I hosted that year's Christmas dinner with my parents, brother and his family and I tried to get my nieces and nephew to watch it, and they too looked at me like I was from Outer Space.

If you can find it, definitely buy it, it's still just as wonderful as the first time I saw it!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

I think amazon has it. I'll check tomorrow. I was watching them play BBQ, their best song, on YouTube earlier. I'm so jealous that you get to watch it.
Originally Posted by ToriD1012
It is my ALL TIME FAVORITE Christmas special!!! We didn't have cable, but my grandparents did, so I'd always watch it at their house. I'm not real sure what channel it came on, just that it was on cable.

I'd randomly ask people that I knew if they remembered it and the looked at me like I was an alien. I spend years, literally YEARS, trying to find it to no avail. Then one day, roughly 2 years ago, a light shown down from Heaven, and there it was, in a box of Christmas DVDs that I was receiving for the store! I swear, I think I heard angels sing and I teared up a little bit. So, of course, I bought it. I hosted that year's Christmas dinner with my parents, brother and his family and I tried to get my nieces and nephew to watch it, and they too looked at me like I was from Outer Space.

If you can find it, definitely buy it, it's still just as wonderful as the first time I saw it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.