Community
Notices

Animals!

Old 12-06-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Chloe is so patient! And Mytsie is such a funny ball of energy. Love her name. Wish I had a dog...

I have three cats:
Jake: gray sleek aloof, a supermodel, has those extra "thumbs" and big ears, used to be "my" cat but has been hanging out lately on DD's bed
Ginger: orange and white, small, coquettish, michievous, she takes things from DD's room and "arranges" them under the couch. strange
Phoebe: black and white dense thick fur like a a plush toy, pudgy and friendly, is my vacuum cleaner in that she tends to eat random things off the floor. So do I. JK!!!

BTW love the idea of Purina Human Chow!!! Love it!!!

Originally we went to the shelter to get a "replacement cat" when Max "the looooove cat" died, sadly at age 9. We ended up with Ginger and Phoebe. BTW Ginger and Jake do not know they are fixed and have a sort of a "thing" going on. Phoebe loves Jake but Jake would rather see Phoebe stuffed and hung on the wall. Also amongst all of them there are a lot of forcible cleaning sessions of the other apparently filthy cats going on. Strange. I tried doing that to my husband and he really didn't like it. And my tongue got tired. Kidding!!!!! Just kidding!!! Do love my cats though.

Last edited by canary52; 12-06-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

It's not that I don't love dogs, but cats are far more...interesting psychologically. My bottle fed boy isn't as bad as most bottle fed orphans, he was part of a litter still, and had more than one person feeding him, but he does have some 'issues' from it. I would be a wealthy woman if I could crawl into the mind of a cat and tell you why, but bottle-feds tend to be really deeply affectionately attached to their human "mama", and pathologically homicidal to the rest of the world. Piter doesn't have that issue, but he does suck on blankets, and he only recognizes dry cat food of certain shapes and Lucky Charms marshmallows as edible. When he was little, he used to keep a piece of dry food in his mouth and suckle on it, like a baby with a pacifier. He's an under-the-couch hoarder too, mostly toy balls and hair barettes/bands. And the plastic ring off the milk jug, best cat toy ever.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Jake licks DD's red flannel blanket so intensely that DD sometimes says "Oh for heaven's sake, Jake, get a room with that thing wouldja?"

Ginger is the one who hoards things under the funiture, and I swear, and DD can attest, she once lined up all the little foam balls the cats play with in a row under the tv. She also tends to pilfer DD's earrings, which end up in odd places. DD is so happy about that. Every time I hear her say "Ginger!" in that sharp voice I know that accessories have gone missing. I expect one day Ginger will open a boutique called "Her Things" with a big sign "25% off sale for all items with excessive cat spit on them."

Odd little creatures, cats.

BTW what is the difference between a lab and a retriever? I know a lab is a kind of retriever but is there a diff? Anyway ate dinner at my friends last night and they have a wonderful doggie who is a golden soemthing, lab or retriever. I want one of those. Adorable puppies. Great dogs. Might have to divorce husband to get one though.

Last edited by canary52; 12-06-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

A Lab, is a type of retriever, comes in yellow, chocolate and black. They have short coarse fur. A Golden retriever is another type of retriever, most come in a reddish golden coloring although there are more and more white-blonde ones nowadays. They typically have longer fur with feathering around the ears & legs and a feathered tail. The Bush Baked Beans dog is a Golden Retriever, the dog in Marly & Me was a Labrador Retriever. As the name implies, those breeds were designed to fetch things (usually birds).

I am always amazed to look at all the types of dogs and imagine that they originated from something more wolf like in the not so distant past.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LisaAnnie
The Bush Baked Beans dog is a Golden Retriever, the dog in Marly & Me was a Labrador Retriever.
yeah that darn dog can't keep a secret for nothing. Now everyone knows why Bush's are so good.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

YouTube - How To Wrap A Cat For Christmas

Anyone want to try this?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

OMG that video was so cute! That could be the Phoebester!!! Yes my cat Phoebe would be just like that and she is black and white and "full figured" as well! If we did that to my cat Ginger she would have about three aneurysms (sp?).

LisaAnnie than you so much for the thorough descripton of the dogs. I looked them up in Google images and both types are fabulous. Although my cat Ginger is here to tell me that cats are more discreet and would never give way a recipe- or anything else- for that matter. No that's not true, they do share the field mice they find.

Last edited by canary52; 12-06-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

My golden retriever and my huge orange tomcat are the best of friends. They like to sleep curled up next to each other, and the cat spends a lot of time grooming the dog's face. When he is licking her, she looks like she is in heaven.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

I would love a golden retriever. But myhusband and at least two of the cats would not be thrilled. Heavy sigh.

How old are your animals? Were they acquired at the same time (ie grew up together)?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

My dingo/pit mix likes to steal the kittens and puppies I foster. She thinks she is the mommy of anything baby.

These are her teeth!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-24-2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.