Positive thinking >

Positive thinking

Community
Notices

Positive thinking

Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default Positive thinking

I've noticed that when the weight was falling off, I was positive about my progress. Now I focus on bad areas and get myself down and my fat loss has slowed. I'm sure that at some point it's going to slow down but I'm wondering how much of it as to do with positive thinking. Any thoughts on this?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know that "positive" is a key for me, because I tend to be a positive person. The key difference for me is "focus", when I channel my energies to meet a goal, I can make it. I think that's why I can always tackle a New Year's resolution, the winter schedule around here is a little less daunting than Spring, Summer or Fall.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

I am with almeeker. Channeling my energy toward my goals is the key. I have certainly not been the most consistent with this. But I also think there is a natural ebb and flow to our efforts. Look at how 'bad' most of us had to get before we even started the process. It is natural that after we have had some success we need some time to refocus and then continue forward. Even if you love your job you need a vacation sometimes.