Notices

Happy thanksgiving to all u.s. Friends!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Happy thanksgiving to all u.s. Friends!

Although my Thanksgiving is long past, I just want to let you know that I am grateful for the support on these boards.

Wishing you all a Happy Turkey day and lots of fun and peace with your families!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

gobble gobble, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I'll be thankful to see the Saints pay back the Cowgirls.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Canada's thankgiving was 11 Oct. It's probably very similar to the US celebration though. There is lots and lots of food, including turkey.

Since I live in Germany now, I managed to avoid all the food temptations of thanksgiving last year. But this year we did celebrate thanksgiving (twice!!!) with some of our Canadian friends who also live here. I guess we had a lot to be thankful for!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Thanks, When was Canada's Thanksgiving, and do you all celebrate with turkey also?
You're welcome!

The thing I like about our Thanksgiving is we have a bigger break between it and Christmas, so we get a chance to work off the extra pounds. Our Thanksgiving is always on a Monday mid-October.

I like the fact you guys have the Thursday (if you can have the Friday ) off...it is nice to have a longer weekend.

We do the turkey thing but the French-fried onions and green bean dish isn't as common, although some do it...Sometimes we have ham since we also eat turkey for Christmas.

At my house we buy a turkey roll since we have a smaller family. If we have guests, we buy a bigger roll. They are usually really good and there are a lot less leftovers (I'm okay with a day or 2, not a week) and clean up. I started buying them because I had a wonky oven and now we prefer them.

I usually served smashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, turnip and a green vegetable...sometimes a green salad. I make my own cranberry sauce...my MIL likes the canned cranberries but I don't...too much sugar. I like eating the rest of it on toast like jam, the next morning or two.

Hope you all had a good day yesterday!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

I cook them with o.j. too or put them right in my stuffing.