Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
What music do you listen to when you are working out? >

What music do you listen to when you are working out?

Notices

What music do you listen to when you are working out?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default What music do you listen to when you are working out?

I'm looking for some good workout music. Please list artist and song name.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

I've got a pretty eclectic mix on my MP3 player, pretty much anything rock with a good beat to it. There's a lot of Muse and Killers on there, U2's "how to dismantle an atomic bomb", some classic Bob Seeger (hollywood nights, roll me away). Cheap Trick (I want you to want me), Green Day the whole American Idiot album, some Counting Crows.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

almost every song from Seether, I also listen to Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin. I don't have a list handy and I just removed all the music from my computer.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Push It by Salt and Pepa is always a good one.
Groove is in the Heart - DeeLite
Need you tonight - INXS
Hurts So Good - Mellencamp
Anything by Ludacris
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Amen - Kid Rock
Already Gone - Eagles
Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
Night Moves - Bob Seger - Or anything from him really
Anything James Brown
Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

During cardio sessions I crank up Gossip (if you need a sample, check out the songs Love Long Distance, Dimestore Diamond and Vertical Rhythm), The Faint (sample The Geeks Were Right, Get Seduced, Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat and Glass Danse), and Gorillaz (Dare and Feel Good Inc. are good examples).

For lifting I'm listening to Deftones (Lifter, 7 Words, My Own Summer), Tool (aw shucks, they're my favorite band so its hard to pick a representative song... maybe Forty Six & 2), Puscifer (if you already like Tool and A Perfect Circle, check them out -- its... interesting. They have all kinds of remixes and whatnot, but check out Queen B and Momma Sed), Faith No More (Be Aggressive, Ashes to Ashes), Queens of the Stone Age (Little Sister), Kyuss (Deamon Cleaner), The Dead Weather (I Cut Like a Buffalo, Treat Me Like Your Mother) and Tomahawk (God Hates a Coward).

Just some ideas -- the song examples may not be the best, but they're some that I never skip when they come up on my playlist. Good Luck and keep the ideas coming everyone!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Here is my current play list for running. The name of the song is listed first and then the artist.

Fireflies - Owl City
Telephone (feat. Beyoncé) - Lady GaGa
Strict Machine - Goldfrapp
Forced to Love - Broken Social Scene
Gimme Sympathy - Metric
We Don't Want Your Body - Stars
Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
Yours to Keep - Teddybears featuring Neneh Cherry
What New York Used to Be - The Kills
On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz
Romeo - Basement Jaxx
Crystalised - The xx
Hot-n-Fun (feat. Nelly Furtado) - N.E.R.D.
Great DJ - The Ting Tings
Sleeping In - The Postal Service
Revolver (feat. Lil Wayne) - Madonna
Front Row - Metric
Guilt Is a Useless Emotion - New Order
Old 11-09-2010, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

My current list:

All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Fake It - Seether
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stephani
I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
In The End - Linkin Park
Indestructible - Disturbed
Little Bribes - Death Cab for Cutie
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
Mr. Brightside - Killers
Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
Snuff - Slipknot
Uprising - Muse
When You Were Young - The Killers
Old 11-09-2010, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
I've got a pretty eclectic mix on my MP3 player, pretty much anything rock with a good beat to it. There's a lot of Muse and Killers on there, U2's "how to dismantle an atomic bomb", some classic Bob Seeger (hollywood nights, roll me away). Cheap Trick (I want you to want me), Green Day the whole American Idiot album, some Counting Crows.
Yeah, LOVE Green Day. I will have to check out this Muse you speak of.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
almost every song from Seether, I also listen to Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin. I don't have a list handy and I just removed all the music from my computer.
I haven't heard a lot from Seether or Breaking Benjamin but what I've heard I like. If there are any songs you particularly enjoy let me know. Never heard of Chevelle; I'll have to check them out.

Originally Posted by SailorDoom
During cardio sessions I crank up Gossip (if you need a sample, check out the songs Love Long Distance, Dimestore Diamond and Vertical Rhythm), The Faint (sample The Geeks Were Right, Get Seduced, Let the Poison Spill From Your Throat and Glass Danse), and Gorillaz (Dare and Feel Good Inc. are good examples).

For lifting I'm listening to Deftones (Lifter, 7 Words, My Own Summer), Tool (aw shucks, they're my favorite band so its hard to pick a representative song... maybe Forty Six & 2), Puscifer (if you already like Tool and A Perfect Circle, check them out -- its... interesting. They have all kinds of remixes and whatnot, but check out Queen B and Momma Sed), Faith No More (Be Aggressive, Ashes to Ashes), Queens of the Stone Age (Little Sister), Kyuss (Deamon Cleaner), The Dead Weather (I Cut Like a Buffalo, Treat Me Like Your Mother) and Tomahawk (God Hates a Coward).

Just some ideas -- the song examples may not be the best, but they're some that I never skip when they come up on my playlist. Good Luck and keep the ideas coming everyone!
I love Tool and A Perfect Circle. I've heard of the Gorillaz, Deftones, Faith No More, and Queens of the Stone Age. I haven't heard of the others. I'm excited to go and listen to these songs. Unfortunately, I can't connect to iTunes store at the moment.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the lists! Exactly what I'm looking for: new music. Should I post some of the stuff I have?

@Hunny24
Yeah I like Ludacris... don't know if I could exercise to him though. Iron Man... hmmm think I need to revisit some of my Black Sabbath. Haha The Godfather Of Soul... HEY! Classic.

@mtlgirl
Some of these I've never heard of. Can't wait to check them out.

@cjohnson728
Fake It - one of the only Seether songs I know but I love it. Disturbed is awesome. Not a big fan of Blue Oyster Cult though. But some songs I've not heard of so I'll have to check them out.

Last edited by yauncin; 11-09-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Sure, post some of yours; could always use new songs!

Basically I use any of three criteria...if a song has a strong, quick beat; if it has a message that channels adrenaline in a good (like Resolution by Jack's Mannequin, forgot that one) or even angry (like Love the Way You Lie by Eminem with Rhianna) way; or if it reminds me of a certain place/time/situation that is motivating to me personally, even if the beat isn't great, it makes it onto the iPod. Sometimes it's not just the pace of the song that gets you going, if you know what I mean.

Nice thread...hopefully it'll keep rolling a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.