Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first >

How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

Community
Notices

How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

You are all correct! Anyone can lose wieght, really.. But it takes a special person to ACTUALLY lose it. You guys know what I mean! Stick on this forum and fill out your daily intakes and you WILL lose it!!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by missdevine
.... week?

Alot!

I have been going through some of the profiles on Fitday ... and have found the majority of people write one post, and never seem to come back on again

This is such a valuable site, with so much to offer, yet very few people have posted more than once .....

I believe success is based on changing the lifestyle so many of us have been living - which has made us UNHAPPY for a longtime!

I come here every day - a few times a day - log what i eat - i log what i did fitness wise - and i write about my moods, my journal - i utilize the site. I hope i will continue to be successful - but i sort of look at it like a job - i have to attend to it

nonetheless - i hope you guys reading this continue to come back and read, report and experience!
I don't know if anyone has said this yet (in class (extremely boring), don't have time to read all the comments)) but, I think a lot of people are just not posters. Some may just log in food and activities and that will be it. Others might post a lot and not post for a long time, I know for sure that when Beginning of DEC rolls by I will probably not post much at all, exams are crazy around here. Of course you have the others, that just wane of, maybe they found another site or just not motivated enough so there is a plethora of reasons as to why.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

I have been a member logging food off and on for years. Lost 70lbs with the site, but I never went to the forums simply because I thought they were a pay feature. Two days ago I realized they weren't. And two days ago I came back to record my food & activities after gaining my weight back from not maintaining properly.

I have been going to the boards for two days, reading them. I left one post in one of them already.

Basically, like someone else said, you get what you put into it. And we probably do lose a lot of people from 'prettier' better features sites. I signed up for sparkpeople, but I never went back because I feel like this one is simple and no BS. I'm just so used to it.

You're basically on her for yourself if your motivated, determined, and serious about losing weight. Diets are not easy. I said I was going on a diet so many times and went off of it throughout the year. I have to be serious now... a wedding is good motivation. So thats part of why I'm back, for that and myself.

Goodluck you guys!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

I too joined Fitday a long time ago, but thought the forum was a pay feature so I never used it. Just realized a week or two ago that it's not, so I've been ready and posting.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forums SonoBellaCapisce and LisaAnnie!

Attitude is so important. In my opinion looking at weight loss and a 'diet' as a short term method to reach a goal is setting yourself up for failure. I prefer to look at the process as a 'lifestyle' change that I will continue for the rest of my life. I find the forums help keep me reminded and motivated to live that healthier lifestyle. The people we associate with have a huge influence on our lives. My son was hanging with the wrong crowd and eventually did some things he regretted (mostly because he got punished, lol). When he disassociated from that group his behavior improved. The same goes for living healthier. Most of the family, friends and co-workers we interact with on a daily basis are not good influences when it comes to being fit and healthy. Fitday forums are a refuge from the people in the world that are destroying their health through their lack of physical activity and bad eating habits.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't think the forums existed back in '02/'03 when I originally joined (or if they did, were a premium feature). Back then I joined a Yahoo Group that was very helpful. I do, though, like having everything "under one roof".

I've turned a number of folks onto FitDay (including some family members who desperately need it) but, sadly, none of them kept up with it.

Anyway, welcome to all who come here, for however long you might stay!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

I actually joined a long time ago, but just started posting to the discussion board yesterday... finally decided to get serious about my goals...
Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm Back :)

I joined about a year ago, maybe more but never checked if there was a forum. I lost about 50 lbs with this and my nutritionist. This past month I fractured my ankle and could not work out I gained 10 pounds...that's what you get when you can't work out for 6 months... well I'm starting again and I'm happy. Does anyone know how to log P90X into the Activities?