Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first >

How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

Community
Notices

How many people do you think Join on here ... and never come back after the first

Old 08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. Almeeker's literally worked her butt off to get where she is. I'm going much slower, but 1) I'm not putting as much energy into the process and 2) I'm still going. I don't want to follow someone else's plan, I want to find my own way, so fitday works for me. Plus I can access it at work or at home. I plan on being here for as long as the site exists. I'd love a chat room, but at least there's a forum.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

If you have ever been a member of a gym you know that the busiest month is January. All those people make a New Years resolution some only make it a week, some a month, but by February most of them are gone. It is the same here on Fitday.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

... And another reason is that when you're done typing and click submit - the site loses your entire post...

Let me try to recreate some what I had - the original post was far more in-depth and thought-out:

Reasons for not posting after 1x:
a) Intimidating - New atmosphere, Like walking into a room of strangers and picking up a conversation with someone - some people have it, others dont
b) Knowledgebase - I could converse with someone, but if there is a post asking for information on something; I'm pretty sure the one who is posting that has the 6 pack abs has a much better grasp of workout information than I do. (That can be said for any other subject too).

Rant about requesting new features and a shared custom foods database axed

side note: Glad to see the new forums and community building around it.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Anjorni
... And another reason is that when you're done typing and click submit - the site loses your entire post...
LOL!!, Been there done that.... Sucks when you spend the time to type a eloquent and informative post and then it is gone!!!

I have gotten into the habit of highlighting my post, and hitting <ctrl+C> to copy. That way when I hit submit and it disappears I just open another response and <ctrl+v> to paste it back. But it is still a pain in the ***.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah - typically when I get to where my post gets wordy I'll start typing into notepad and then copy it over. Guess I got overly confident that forums in general have conquered that issue; guess not all have.

In any case - chalk it up to following best practices... (I should know better already darnedit)
Old 08-17-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

I think a lot of people assume fitday.com is a diet plan,when in fact it is just a tool to help you manage your life style .
I'm only on my second week here ,but have already made it a daily routine.
It keeps track of what I need to be able monitor my progress,and gives me the opportunity to interact with people in the same boat as me. And let's not forget about the great advise from those who are willing to share great information, and the inspiration you get from the many success stories.
That my friends is pretty darn good tool.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

I am a new member, well to the forum part at least. I found fitday about 2 weeks ago. I think this site is awesome, it does make you accountable for what you are eating, how you exercise, etc.. And it works with any "diet" that someone is on.

I am not a huge poster. but I believe this is # 2 for me. I like to read more so that add my own opinion. but I will be on here everyday to keep track of my results, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with all of you!!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjreyes
I am a new member, well to the forum part at least. I found fitday about 2 weeks ago. I think this site is awesome, it does make you accountable for what you are eating, how you exercise, etc.. And it works with any "diet" that someone is on.

I am not a huge poster. but I believe this is # 2 for me. I like to read more so that add my own opinion. but I will be on here everyday to keep track of my results, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with all of you!!
Welcome! This is kind of an old thread, but interesting nonetheless. I note that the OP seems to have, sadly, disappeared as her last visit was on 9/23. As others have pointed out, FitDay is a great tool, but you do have to work it. If you do, success is pretty much guaranteed.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Haha Michael I was going to point that out.

Weight loss is something anyone can achieve. You just can't quit.

Usually when you don't like something you can just quit, but if you don't like you body quitting is not an option. It takes work to be in good shape, or to be healthy.

Some give in to quitting, and don't come back to fitday. Others find out how to do it without the help of this site. Some quit fitday for calorieking or livestrong or the other sites.

The ones that stay here, and stay their course, are rewarded by their hard work and determination. Since joining here I have lost 35 pounds, and for me that was a lot to lose (225 starting weight,) because I only have about 10 or so more to go.

When I found fitday I found something that empowered me to take control of my diet. I have told many friends about this site, and most just try it for a day and give up. So if you are still here after a week, a month, two months, just go ahead and give yourself a big pat on the back, because even though anyone is capable, it takes a special kind of person to actually do it.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm probably the one that y'all wish never came back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.