Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
Are Food Manufacturers Gain Better Food Safety Compliance? How? >

Are Food Manufacturers Gain Better Food Safety Compliance? How?

Community
Notices

Are Food Manufacturers Gain Better Food Safety Compliance? How?

Old 09-30-2015, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default Are Food Manufacturers Gain Better Food Safety Compliance? How?

Hi, since food is one of our basic needs especially that some of us here are interested to stay fit. Naturally, we need to be aware of our food intake and it should be the right kind and safe all the time. This is why I think of asking. I wonder how food manufacturers gain better food safety compliance? Is there a system these days that could meet food safety and quality needs of manufacturers? I'm really curious of how they manage about it. Please let me know if you have anything to say about it. I just want an assurance and learn about it for future needs also.Thanks!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 10-01-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

There's a lot of territory to cover there! But start here:

Inspection & Compliance

A year or two ago, I attended a meeting and talk about food safety. The talk was for owners of small businesses engaged in food production. It was very interesting but it did not cover food safety, merely the reporting procedures along the way to gaining permission to sell a food. Food safety starts in the manufacturing environment or on the farm or the packaging operation. There are so many regulations on different levels (state, local, national) for each type of product that I wouldn't know where to begin.

Labeling is very important. You can't sell food without information that would help a person with allergies, for example.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Actually the reason why I asked is because my friend was asking for my help with her business. In the end we went to a consultant who recommended that she try out ETQ's compliance software. She hasn't made a move yet so far since she's a little short right now.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 11-16-2015 at 01:04 AM. Reason: removed link