Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Off-Topic
Do you think cornflour is bad for you? >

Do you think cornflour is bad for you?

Community
Notices

Do you think cornflour is bad for you?

Old 11-18-2015, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Do you think cornflour is bad for you?

I am having reactions to so many foods it is ridiculous. I am starting the Failsafe diet which is an elimination diet and one of the few things I weirdly seem to be able to eat without my eyelids swelling and causing migraine is cornflour. I have made corn bread with it twice and I felt quite okay after I ate it.

But it seems like a lot of people online say corn of any kind is bad. It is organic corn flour (Bobs Red Mill) if that makes any difference. I've been so sick from allergies and stuff I really don't want to consume anything that will cause more problems. Didn't the Native Americans eat corn and ground corn? What is so bad about it? It does seem to have some nutrients.

Any insight from anyone? If it's really bad I will stop having it.

Last edited by kristall1; 11-18-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2015, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Allergies are no joke! Are you seeing your doctor about this - has he or she referred you to an allergist?

How can one particular food (one that you can tolerate) be bad for you? If that's the only food you are eating. That's why a doctor's input is important. Cornflour by itself (cornmeal, even just corn in general) isn't a problem - the lack of other nutrients would be.

I hope you get some good suggestions!
Old 11-22-2015, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm going to eat it for now...

Thank you! I've decided to eat it moderately right now and yes it does have some nutrition. I've given up on a doctor. I'm tired of being treated like I'm incompetant or worse crazy for asking questions or thinking I actually know how my body feels and when I'm not well. Apparently I am not allowed to know that! lol I just go on instincts and what I read on the internet that seems relevant.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, Allergies are no joke! You should ask advice with your physician.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for information!