Notices

Who does the grocery shopping?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Who does the grocery shopping?

A survey in our local paper stated that 51% of men do the grocery shopping for the household.

So a shout out to my husband who is one of the 51%ers.

For us it makes sense as he does all the cooking.

If I go with him he calls it "date night" as he says when I go he spends more money the same as if we were going out. I'm totally addicted to nice smelling cleaning supplies.

So. who does the grocery shopping in your house?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

My husband did it for years, then things switched and he was busier at work and keeping later hours, so I took it over a couple years ago.

I love to cook, and he doesn't get home till 7-8, so I do that.

But he is the primary laundry-er in our household .

When we were first together and poor grad students, the grocery store was indeed our Friday night date.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

We go together but my hubby is the one who makes the store list and knows what we need in the cupboards or what he wants to make for dinner. He is the primary cook in our house. I cook on weekends or any big meals but the weekday stuff he takes care of for me.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

I do it. I used to work grocery, so I know my way around a store and understand shelf positioning and price points, loss leaders, all that good stuff. He loves that I use coupons and loves when I tell him what percent I saved him off the bill each week.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

Smile gift cards

I hate shopping and that includes for food, so my wife takes care of that.

I don’t like cooking since it’s much faster to pour a bowl of cereal and I’ll enjoy it about as much. (I fully admit, this is a major character flaw…) My wife cooks.

And yes, we eat as a family. Usually…
Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

My male partner and I are both retired, so we typically buy groceries together. We live in a small community where prices are high in the one larger store, so about every 10 days we make a morning of it and drive the 45 minutes each way to a neighboring larger community with better prices.

We also share in the cooking responsibilities.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 PM

I do the main shopping and dh will sometimes go pick up a list of things for the middle of the week quick trip. Grocery shopping is an all afternoon event for me since I shop at 3 different stores. I go to Sprout's and then WalMart, go home and put everything away, then go to the regular grocery and finish up.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

I do. If I didn't plan, shop, and cook the food, no one in my house would eat . I'm not sure how that's going to work out when I find full time employment, but for now it works just fine... It's probably the only way I would be able to stay on my eatting plan at this point.

Unfortunatly I'm still working on my "you don't have to eat it just because it is there" skills . I just attended a retirement party for a friend, and I feel like I may have just gained the 6.6lbs I lost last week back .
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

My husband does the grocery shopping in our household. He enjoys finding good deals.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

My mom do the grocery shopping. She knows better than my father about grocery so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.