Notices

Should i continue with this diet

Old 12-22-2013, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Should i continue with this diet

Just to share with you I have been working on a strict diet of chicken, soup and juices and I am using these tablets to increase my metabolism advancednutrition .co. The soup is really simple it is boiled vegetables and chicken strips, the chicken is boiled in water and I am drinking a lot of grape fruit juice. I am targeting a loss of 30 pounds in 2 months.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

What advice has your doctor given you? The reason I ask is that the diet you describe does not seem nutritionally sound.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

My weight loss goals is similar I want to lose 50 pounds in 6 months. I've noticed that smaller and more meals helps boost metabolism and helps promote weight loss. Eat veggies but not corn or potatoes too much weight is gained by them, eat fruit its a great boost for workouts and eat a variety of meats its good for you to have multiple food groups. Limiting yourself to any small group of foods is not healthy or responsible and the results will be painfully short lived. So far I've lost 10 pounds in a little over a month and I've changed my diet to raw organics and strict exercise. I avoid pills of any kind they don't help in my opinion. From what you described I advise you to talk to a nutritionist because your diet is no good. If your going to drink juice make your own and add things like cucumber, wheat grass, and spinach. Juices that they sell in retail stores are filtered and pasteurized and have too much sugars that are naturally in fruit. You want as raw as healthfully possible and water, avoid grains and sugars they are the enemy and only to be a treat. hope this was helpful
Old 09-07-2015, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Wow. 30 lbs is a lot to lose in 60 days. Ideally, you should lose around 1-2 lbs per week. I am into meal replacement which works for me and of course with the supervision of my practitioner. I am glad he has a software that can easily be accessed whenever I need some consultation even during holidays and weekends. I vowed to work with him in this weight loss journey.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Unless you're under doctor's supervision and you are going to die of obesity related diseases tomorrow (extreme morbid obesity), I would highly advise not doing this. It is not safe to lose weight this rapidly. Maximum safe fat loss is usually around 0.5-1.5% BW loss in pounds a week. Also, stop taking the fat loss pills and throw them in trash. You don't need them, they probably don't work or if it does, it's probably because of the caffeine or placebo. Also, the supplement industry isn't regulated so you could be popping pills made of rice flour for all I know (under "proprietary blends", lol). Any more and you are risking the following:
1) Assuming you are successful, gaining it all back.
2) substantial losses in lean body mass (which also decreases metabolic rate)
3) Substantial losses in electrolytes resulting in dehydration, hypertonia, and possibly sudden cardiac death (I've seen it happen).
4) Going crazy
5) Amenorhea (only applies to females, as far as I know)

Thus, consider the following:
1) Fat loss should be slow and steady, no more than the aforementioned 1.5% BW in lbs a week IF you are obese.
2) Eat a balanced diet. Strict food choices are not necessary at all. Nutrient dense, minimally processed food choices are recommended though.
3) Increase protein may be beneficial. Recent studies suggest 2.3-3.1g/kg of lean mass maybe necessary for maximum lean mass retention and satiety, and also resistance training.
4) Patience, my young Luke
5) Biggest loser contestants should not be seen as role models.
6) If you don't wanna listen to me, then at least do it under doctor's supervision and stop immediately if you notice any adverse problems.

Good luck... I hope all goes well but don't get carried away.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

You should really work with your doctor since they're equipped to handle this kind of things. My doctor has this software that can monitor my weight and my nutrition intake. How are things going anyway?

Last edited by Kathy13118; 11-14-2015 at 02:18 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 03-23-2016, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

In 2014 I lost 22 pounds, I gained 10pounds last year. I want to start my diet again to lose what I gained! How do I start?
Old 03-24-2016, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Start as you started before!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Avoid oily foods.Eat everything in a limit.