FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Nutrition & labeling (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/)
-   -   What is your favorite weight gainer and muscle building booster? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/nutrition-labeling/9753-what-your-favorite-weight-gainer-muscle-building-booster.html)

erjomia 06-23-2013 01:55 AM

What is your favorite weight gainer and muscle building booster?

I usually make a shake consisting of milk, oatmeal, fruit, protein and peanut butter. Sooo good and around 1100 cals. I have tried a couple weight gainers. One tasted like chemicals and the other made me fart every 10 mins all day long. Just wondering if there is anything good out there that is a reasonable price? Thanks ladies and gents

Maya271 06-23-2013 10:40 AM

Try something like this, bodybuilding program:

06:30 Cardio
07:30 Elite Whey
08:30 Egg, whole, boiled x 2. Egg, white only, cooked x 8, meat 100 gr, salad
10:00 Chicken breast 300 gr, rice brown
12:00 Elite Whey
14:00 Egg, whole, boiled x 2. Egg, white only, cooked x 8, Fat Free Cheese, salad
15:30 Rice brown, potatoes, chicken breast 300 gr
17:00 Egg, whole, boiled x 2. Egg, white only, cooked x 8, Fat Free Cheese, salad
19:00 Elite Whey, glutamine
20:00 Workout
21:30 Whey, glutamine, dextrose
22:00 Chicken breast 400 gr
... 00:00 Casein

Instead of peanut butter - peanuts, nuts... No milk. Instead of milk - cheese, yogurt. + 3-4 bananas..., + multivitamin supplements

JimmyJonny 06-26-2013 07:33 AM

I gain simply by eating real food, its that easy. The hard part is really knowing how many calories you need to gain, then stick to getting it all in you. Im what some call "hard gainer ", but in reality Im a under eater.

imsprod1 07-17-2013 09:28 AM

I use an app called my fitness pal, if you input your info it will tell you how many calories per day you need to lose or to gain based your info(I think this site does the same thing but I'm already using the other and you can put it on your smart phone). One big help is a protein called caisien. It digests slowly and is perfect to do a shake before bed and even set an alarm and have one in the middle of the night. You don't want to go the full 8 hours without calories if your trying to gain.

lexinejasper 11-09-2014 10:52 PM

Re: What is your favorite weight gainer and muscle building booster?

Swimming is good for all. swimming make you fit and also help to build muscle. I idea of swimming is given to me by Dave Ruel, the famous author E-Book. He give some ideas that I really pleased by him. He also gives some advice about foods for building a muscle. If you have little time read his book and also apply for better result to gain muscle mass. Here Dave Ruel official site address which I'm sharing with you.

JaylinThorne 01-08-2015 04:25 AM

I have not so far tried any weight gainer. Although I used to have whey standard gold which is a high-quality source of whey protein and it tastes fine as well. But if you add peanut butter, oats, milk and banana with whey protein, it can turn into weight gainer shake.

However, I will also have the same advice for you. Making weight gaining shakes and getting stuff for it is a headache for someone like me at least. It’s easier to intake your required calories and proteins during your usual mealtime.

cerberpeter 01-11-2015 07:46 AM

Unfortunately in the most of the cases the body is not just a machine that will take whatever you put in it. If you want to gain you have to set yourself for that. It should first start in your head (you have to decide that you want to be bigger than now, you have to feel confident about it), training - your activity should be specially for weight gaining, taking enough rest and sleep and the most important - trying to provide your digestion system the best conditions to ensure processing of enough calories and turn them into muscle tissue.

angela8915 03-01-2015 06:12 AM

I usually running in the morning!