Notices

What food is actually healthy?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

For my purposes food is healthy if it provides required nutrients for you, you will actually eat it and you are successfully losing weight will eating it. Instead of freaking about how healthy any specific food in your diet is, worry more about the overall composition of your diet. What I mean is the reason I got overweight in the first place wasn't because I was I wasn't eating wild caught salmon instead of farmed salmon, but because I was eating too much fast food too often, drinking too many beers and too much soda too often and not eating enough fresh fish, fresh fruits or fresh vegetables on nearly enough of a regular basis. I am not saying that organic foods are bad per se, but often the more pressing immediate problem for most people is that your diet has too much fat, salt, sugar and not enough fiber in. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. As long as the overall composition of your diet is improving, the amount of sugar, salt, fat are decreasing and the amount of fiber that you are getting from your foods are increasing, than your off to a good start. Occasionally you will have some junk food. What matter is that frequency and quantity of crappy stuff is decreasing. Because foods with less fat, sugar, salt and more fiber tend to be less calorically dense its possible to eat fewer calories of foods while still eating moderate portion sizes.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

I'd say the amount makes it good. Just eating tons of apples can't be good. Besides fish can be really healthy unless you eat it every day.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Real Simple asked the country’s top dietitians and nutritionists to tell us which superpowered ingredients we should be incorporating into our diets regularly. Here are their combined picks, plus some simple and delicious preparation suggestions.
Mushrooms
Meaty and filling, as a stand-in for beef they can slash up to 400 calories from a meal. They may also protect against breast cancer by helping to regulate a woman’s estrogen levels.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

why are you saying no to fish ? that's pretty healthy
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

i wanted to know that iam unable to sleep at night and have a constant headache...can u help me with any solution to solve this problem..??
Old 04-14-2014, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Iam a vegetarian can u suggest be any food items to be healthy..??
Old 04-15-2014, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Eating a variety of fruits and vegetables is healthier than any one food. Vegetarians eat plenty of f&v! If you talk to your doctor about your diet, he or she may suggest watching your vitamin B-12 intake because vegetarians tend to come up short there. Breakfast cereals, eggs, cheese and tofu are sources of that vitamin, along with vegetarian burgers. Nutritional yeast that has been fortified with B12 is a great source.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default the best food

i think that the best food is natural foods without any chemical product.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

I think the question (which I also ask) is good but I have come to think not only what is healthy? but what is healthy for the individual? As the saying goes, one person's meat is another one's poison. I do best with protein, some carbs, a tiny bit of dairy and no sugar. Veg of course but I am allergic to tomatoes. I love tomatoes but for me... poison. So, what is healthy for you? Have you observed what makes you feel better and what doesn't?
Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by davidjackson01
Real Simple asked the country’s top dietitians and nutritionists to tell us which superpowered ingredients we should be incorporating into our diets regularly. Here are their combined picks, plus some simple and delicious preparation suggestions.
Mushrooms
Meaty and filling, as a stand-in for beef they can slash up to 400 calories from a meal. They may also protect against breast cancer by helping to regulate a woman’s estrogen levels.
I LOVE mushrooms. But if you suffer from candida (yeast) not a good choice (mold.) Just an example of individual needs, as I said above.

Last edited by canary52; 04-27-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.