Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Nutrition & labeling
Finally eating clean?  Might as well remove arterial plaque as well! >

Finally eating clean? Might as well remove arterial plaque as well!

Community
Notices

Finally eating clean? Might as well remove arterial plaque as well!

Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Finally eating clean? Might as well remove arterial plaque as well!

Here's a great article on the buildup of plaque in your arteries, which can lead to heart attack and stroke. Anyone who is losing weight or has lost weight should be familiar with this information.

Prevent and Remove Arterial Plaque

Naturally Prevent and Remove Dangerous Arterial Plaque

by Tony Isaacs

The arteries are major blood vessels that the heart uses to pump blood from the heart to the rest of the body. Over time, arterial walls can become congested with a fatty substance known as plaque. When this happens to a severe point, the arteries may begin to harden and the blood flow can become compromised and ultimately result in a heart attack. Mainstream medicine's approach for treating plaque is to use drugs or surgery. However, there are natural ways to prevent and remove plaque.

As is the case when addressing many health concerns, exercise and diet can play major roles in avoiding and reducing plaque. Exercise is already known for many benefits to the body such as reducing risk factors for disease, better mental function, and weight control. Exercise can also improve your circulation which can help reduce plaque. According to the Mayo Clinic, you can do this by getting 30 to 60 minutes of exercise on most days of the week.

When it comes to diet, what you avoid is equally important as what you eat. Many foods that are high in saturated fat and cholesterol that can cause plaque to build up. Some examples include deep fried foods, foods that are high in trans fats, refined foods, and processed foods. Alcohol should also be avoided and red meat should be eaten in small portions.

Foods that are nutrient dense, high in fiber, low in sodium and low in saturated fat help avoid and reduce arterial plaque. Fiber helps block the intestinal absorption of cholesterol. It also you feel full longer which can result in less overall calorie consumption. Some examples of fiber-rich foods include whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that the body cannot make on its own. They can be found in supplements and also in foods like cold water fish, walnuts, flax seeds and healthy oils such as olive oil. Fish oil supplements can lower blood pressure, reduce arterial plaque and they also lower triglycerides.

Apples, or apple pectin, may be especially beneficial. Pectin prevents accumulation of arterial plaque and dissolves build-up already present.

Niacin raises HDL, which is known as "good cholesterol". Niacin removes bad LDL cholesterol and arterial plaque. According to the FDA, "Niacin is the best agent known to raise blood levels of HDL, which helps remove cholesterol deposits from the artery walls." Naturally the FDA removed this quote from their website.

Vitamin C is crucial in repair and healing of the endothelial layer of cells inside of coronary and carotid arteries. When this layer is not maintained properly by the body, it can become the site for lesions that begin the process of atherosclerosis.

Vitamin K2 provides major protection from cardiovascular blockages as well as osteoporosis and pathological calcification. Vitamin K's job is to put calcium in the right places, such as the bones and blood, and keep it from being deposited in the wrong places, such as calcification of blood vessels, bone spurs and soft tissues.

Coenzyme Q10 strengthens the veins and cleans out the accumulated plaque.

Digestive enzymes help break down the food our body does not digest. When taken on an empty stomach, they enter the bloodstream intact. As they circulate, they remove toxins and break down the fats responsible for plaque formation. Digestive enzymes in supplements and raw foods help prevent heart disease.

Serrapeptase is a particularly potent digestive enzyme when it comes to dissolving arterial fat. It has the unique ability to digest non-living tissue that is a by-product of the healing response without harming living tissue. Serrapeptase is used to dissolve non-living tissues to include: scar tissue, fibrosis, blood clots, cysts and arterial plaque.

Some herbal remedies can also help fight plaque by improving circulation, reducing blood clots, lowering cholesterol and reducing stress. The herb hawthorn helps remove plaque blockages by widening blood vessels. Horsetail is rich in silica and can aid removal of plaque by strengthening artery walls.

Other helpful herbs include ashwagandha, ginger, garlic and guggul.

Sources included:

Remedies for High Cholesterol
Heart Disease: High HDL Reverses and Prevents Plaque Niacin
Can digestive enzymes taken on an empty stomach remove plaque from arteries? | Answerbag
Herbs to Treat Peyronie's Disease | eHow.com
Remedies for Heart Disease
Natural Carotid Plaque Removal | eHow.com
Great article (arterial blockage)

About the author

Tony Isaacs is a natural health advocate and researcher and the author of books and articles about natural health including "Cancer's Natural Enemy". Mr. Isaacs articles are featured at Natural News, the Health Science Institute's Healthiertalk website, CureZone, the Crusador online, AlignLife, the Cancer Tutor, the American Chronicle and several other venues. Mr. Isaacs also has The Best Years in Life website for baby boomers and others wishing to avoid prescription drugs and mainstream managed illness and live longer, healthier and happier lives naturally. In addition, he hosts the Yahoo Oleandersoup Health group of over 2000 members and the CureZone "Ask Tony Isaacs - Featuring Luella May" forum.

Last edited by VitoVino; 11-30-2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: highlighted in bold
Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Coenzyme Q10

Well, I've been taking CoQ10 for a few weeks now and WOW! I've never had a supplement that I can say I've actually seen working! It's supposed to help with blood flow, and after about an hour of taking it my fingernails get a slight bluish tint nearest the knuckle. Pretty sure this is the CoQ10 working and stimulating better blood flow.

I've also had rather dramatic increases in my endurance lately while running. It's a little soon to say that this stuff is really as good as it looks, but right now it's looking very very good. And the main benefit is it "cleans out the accumulated plaque" which I've read on various websites.

Is anyone else taking Coenzyme Q10 and would like to share their experience?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Removing Plaque from Arteries

Great article..I totally agree!)
This article about Removing Plaque from Arteries may be interesting for you too:
Removing Plaque from Arteries – Top 10 Diseases to Prevent!