Notices

Be careful what you drink!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Be careful what you drink!

Where you get your drink can determine how OK or how terribly bad something can be.

Was considering a Chai Tea at Dunkin Donuts, as I was craving it. I have K cups at home for Chai Tea and they are 60 calories per serving. Not great, but when I need a bit more than just water at night before bed, I have found ways to allow this calorie allotment into my diet.

For fun, before venturing out, I checked the calories found in 1 medium chai tea made a Dunkin Donuts....

300 calories

Needless to say, I didnt go there. I'm really going to miss my tea, but thats like drinking 2 colas.... NO WAY!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom

300 calories

Shocking, isn't it??

Thanks for reminding me of that... I've just joined and starting my weight loss journey, and I'm pretty sure a LOT of my calorie intake is in liquid form... sweetened teas and coffees, fruit juice, wine, all that soon adds up to a scary number of calories... Will try to remember checking what I drink
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Keep the Tea

Just because you shouldn't drink a creamy sugary tea drink doesn't mean you have to give up tea all together. There are some really great loose leaf teas which are healthier than bagged teas and made with natural ingredients. Companies like Nature's Tea Leaf have so many options like a spiced cider tea made with black tea, cinnamon and orange peel. Or a gingerbread tea made with rooibos, ginger and vanilla. And you can stay away from sugar by using organic stevia leaf or bee pollen. Tea is so good for you. Don't let Dunkin Donuts give it a bad rep.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Chai Tea is especially easy to make -- it's just a little expensive upfront because you need to get a lot of spices that you might not have on hand. (Getting them in bulk from a good spice store is usually the best bet.) We usually make it in a big pot and have a pitcher of it that will last a week or so. Pour some in the thermos on the way out the door and you've got some when ever you want it...

When you make it, you control everything and it make the house smell great!
There are a bunch of recipes here: link removed

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 05-14-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: link removed due to ads
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Kuri, thanks for the recipes... sounds like a fun thing to try this weekend!