Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Nutrition & labeling
Anyone try the green coffee bean extract for weight loss? >

Anyone try the green coffee bean extract for weight loss?

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone try the green coffee bean extract for weight loss?

Last edited by sewdream19; 11-23-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

I was just searching for the same info.
I have a jar of green coffee extract capsules that I was wondering if I should start taking BUT I just quit coffee (because of the sugar, milk etc) and was wondering if it would do any good or just keep me hooked on caffeine.

Off to ask Prof. Google....
Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Google seems to say it's early days and hard to tell, but there are concerns over longterm use.

So I think I'll save the jar for when I hit the dreaded plateau.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

I have PCOS as well as Type 2. I have not had a cycle for the last 3 years, which is common for women with PCOS. The real problem is I am in the middle pf my child bearing years with no children yet and I HAVE TO lose weight now. THe only thing that has worked for me is Raspberry Ketones taken with Green Coffee Bean extract. i used to be on Metformin but it made me deathly ill. I was like a zombie. I always had a metallic taste in my mouth and I used to throw up a lot. Metformin is like a GOd-send to women with PCOS but I could not endure. Dr Oz really is saving me. I discovered both a few months ago and I ordered mine from Amazon. The brnad I use works because with with 20 minutes of exercise everyday and a little diet modification, just a little, I have lost over 36 pounds. I have not lost 36 poundsin the entire time sine I was diagnosed in 1999. So I know for a fact it's the ketones and green coffee bean together. People are buying Raspberry Ketones for like $50 buck on the net but at GNC it's like $30 but I use a deal on Amazon where I get both Green Coffee Extract and Raspberry Ketones at the same time for under $27. <link removed>

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-01-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Yes metformin made me ill as well, almost out of body feeling, vomiting, was awful.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tictacjunkie
I was just searching for the same info.
I have a jar of green coffee extract capsules that I was wondering if I should start taking BUT I just quit coffee (because of the sugar, milk etc) and was wondering if it would do any good or just keep me hooked on caffeine.

Off to ask Prof. Google....
Have you tried agave as a sugar substitute. It is sweeter than sugar, organic, and don't need too much. I use just three drops in my coffee and let me tell you it has worked wonders for me. You can find it in most supermarkets.
Also I have noticed that for milk I get the creamer from Walgreens with fewer calories and carbs.
For milk itself I completely changed to either coconut milk or almond milk. Prefer the almond milk since it's less in carbs
Old 10-03-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sewdream19

Yeah I saw Dr Oz giving this the all clear, but still haven't tried it. I will take a look around and see what others are saying about it. Will let you know later.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up So far impressed with combo of Green Coffee Bean Extract and Raspberry Ketones. PCOS

I, too, have PCOS and have had NO weightloss in the past 2 years; however, I gained 100+ pounds!!!!!!!!! I decided to try it and purchased them off Ebay for pretty cheap....$15 for a 30 day supply (includes both the Green Coffee Extract 800mg capsules and the Raspberry Ketones 250mg capsules - taking 2 in the morning with breakfast).

So far my results are:

Day one.....no change in anything.
Day two.....much more energetic!!!
Day 5......8 pounds lost so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.......I strongly have a feeling that it is 8 pounds of water....since I seem to have to pee a LOT!!!!!! (pardon the TMI)

But.....8 pounds is good no matter what it is - water or fat. I will keep you guys updated on my experience
Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jesswilliams76
Yeah I saw Dr Oz giving this the all clear, but still haven't tried it. I will take a look around and see what others are saying about it. Will let you know later.
Hey again, well I did a bit of research on this and this post explains it pretty well and I also like the fact that it remains neutral and avoids the hype. <link removed>
Its meant to be supplement along with good diet and exercise. Not a magic pill most likely. lol

Last edited by cjohnson728; 10-09-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: site linked leads to selling products; violates terms of use.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

I would like to try this but have issues with being to pumped up with caffeine. I don't like something that makes me feel like I could climb a wall and then hang there by my fingernails panting and eyes bulging, in horror!! Is this stuff like that... or is it just a supplement with weight-loss side effects??? Be honest!! ~LJPINEAU1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.