Notices

Trouble using the fitday tool

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Trouble using the fitday tool

Do i input the food i eat each day or do i just input what i eat then from that list daily list how much of each i ate.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Not sure if I understand what you mean. If you go to your food tab you enter all the foods that you consume, with quantities and then you can see from the other various tabs about the foods, what the nutritional breakdown per food or per day as well as your overall caloric intake etc. Hope this helps. I have been using fit day for over 6 months lost approx 50 lbs and learned so much about the quality of foods and making the right choices.

Kraig

Last edited by Kraig2009; 04-06-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar Content

When creating a custom food, it does not allow you to input the amount of sugar in the food, why is that?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by leochacko
When creating a custom food, it does not allow you to input the amount of sugar in the food, why is that?
Yeah, I would like to know that also. I thought that sugar intake was important.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Sugar content is not inputted as there are no nutritional values attached to them. When reviewing the foods you are eating this will teach you that sugar = calories but they serve no bodily function
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sugar values

Sugar is a carbohydrate and has a significant caloric value. While not a "nutrient" in the normal sense, of course calories are important to sustaining life. Most of us here are trying to limit our calorie intake so we think of sugar as "junk" but in the big picture it is pretty important to human nutrition. Complex carbohydrates are digested into simpler sugars and it is the sugars that the body gets its energy from.

The reason FitDay doesn't have a separate column for sugar is that all sugars are lumped into the carbohydrate catagory. It would be nice if FitDay could separate out the sources of carbohydrates (complex, starches, simple - i.e. sugars) beyond just fiber the way it does for fats, but at the moment it doesn't. But rest assured that the sugar contents in the foods you are putting into your created foods are beng counted.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

agreed sugars are calculated into your calorie intake but they have no value. Save your body from having to break down sugar into energy by eating fruit and you don't need to have to work your body so much to obtain energy from them. Refined sugards and the lot are very hard on your system to process into glucose and in turn give you energy.

Last edited by Kraig2009; 04-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.