Notices

How many Carbs

Old 03-17-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Red face How many Carbs

I am trying to find out how many grams of Carbs one person should eat a day. I just found out today that I was diabetic. Which I already knew I had other issues and needed to watch the carb intake. Can someone please help me. I can t seem to find it any where.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

i would love to know this as well. What should your ratio of fat/protein/carbs be a day?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

What's probably more important than knowing how many carbs, is knowing what kind of carbs and what they're doing to you. Choose "good" carbs that don't spike your blood sugar. Anything white is generally a bad carb. Refined sugar, refined flour, etc. Choose 100% whole grain breads (the fiber slows the processing of the carbs), honey for sweetening (lower glycemic load than sugar). Eat your carbs with protein and fat. Again, this slows the digestion of the carbs. Whole fruit is much better than fruit juice. Whole berries/grapes are LOTS better than dried berries/raisons. The water in them helps fill you up so you eat less of them. Dried berries have concentrated sugars.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Short answer: Check out the Carbohydrate Curve

Long answer: I recommend the diet/lifetyle promoted on Marks Daily Apple to anyone with any food issues(diabeties, IBS, heart desease, etc) as well as anyone else who's trying to take good care of their body.

The success stories are mostly about weight loss but a whole lot of people have found renewed vitality and strength as well as eliminating Type II Diabeties.

It's not a pill or shake or anything like that. You don't have to order or buy anything. Just read the site, do your research, and I'm sure you'll love the results.

Best wishes,
~ Willow