Notices

Intermittent Fasting

Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Question Intermittent Fasting

I'm new to the forum, but not to Fit Day. Anybody here IFing? I have been on a basic leangains protocol for about 2 months and like fasting 16 hours and feeding 8. I exercise almost daily, lift heavy 3-4 times a week. How about discussing?
Bob
Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

I am interested in trying this. Can you tell us your age, weight, how much you have lost etc..? I'm wondering how this 2 months has treated you. Do you still watch what you eat during the 8 hours that you eat? Have you ever tried alternating days?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

I have posted some info on the Diet forum. Here's some personal data:
69 yrs old
Started at 203, now 196.
Body fat has gone down, but I don't trust my skinfold measurements so I'm not confident about the results, but probably around 11-12%.
No real hunger problems, I have plenty of energy, my strength has not suffered. What I like is I can eat BIG meals. I was never satisfied with the 5-6 small meals philosophy. Google leangains, plenty of information there.
Bob
Old 01-20-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bubber
I have posted some info on the Diet forum. Here's some personal data:
69 yrs old
Started at 203, now 196.
Body fat has gone down, but I don't trust my skinfold measurements so I'm not confident about the results, but probably around 11-12%.
No real hunger problems, I have plenty of energy, my strength has not suffered. What I like is I can eat BIG meals. I was never satisfied with the 5-6 small meals philosophy. Google leangains, plenty of information there.
Bob
I am interested in this type of diet. May I ask, during 8 hours feeding how much cals did you eat? Do you try to limit your cals intake?
I usually eat breakfast at 8-9 am and try not to eat anymore after 7pm. Is this consider fast or not?
Mai
Old 01-20-2011, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

I'm not diligent about entering everything I eat on FitDay so I don't really count calories. I usually eat two meals and a snack or two, try to eat plenty of protein, including protein shakes, and limit carbs (especially high glycemic, like anything white and processed), don't deny myself a glass or two of red wine or dessert. You should probably not pay much attention to what I do, but google "leangains" as well as other IF websites if you want solid info.
Bob
Old 01-22-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Intermittent Fasting - Leangains

I have been on the Leangains approach for almost 3 weeks. I eat about 2000 calories a day. I run 6 days a week, so I need to up the calories. I also follow the paleo diet. I eat about 115+g of protein and 100+g of fat and 120+g of carbs. I am a 5'8" male and started at 133 and have dropped a pound or two in 3 weeks. I do strength training once a week (my day off from running) with a TRX suspension trainer. I am not trying to lose weight, but lean out. It seems to be working for me.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey! I am trying to get a more lean body as well, and I'm kind of stumped on what to do...
5'8'', 130lbs.... I train for half marathons in the summer, but I feel that the basic 1/2 marathon schedule causes me to lose ALL BODY SHAPE! Do you have any tips on how to have a lean look without looking like a 12 year old boy?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by elocke86
Hey! I am trying to get a more lean body as well, and I'm kind of stumped on what to do...
5'8'', 130lbs.... I train for half marathons in the summer, but I feel that the basic 1/2 marathon schedule causes me to lose ALL BODY SHAPE! Do you have any tips on how to have a lean look without looking like a 12 year old boy?
Weight training would help you build muscles.