Notices

question

Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Question question

how can i reduce fat in diet i look on pie chart it says i have too much fat. how can i reduce fat
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nykolel
how can i reduce fat in diet i look on pie chart it says i have too much fat. how can i reduce fat
Well, it's tough to make recommendations if we don't know what you are eating. What level of fat intake are you striving for? Some fat is good for you, but keeping saturated fat at a reasonable level is also important.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-09-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

well im 243 lbs i want to be 145lbs by this time next year. what is a good fat intake and what kind of foods should i eat
Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

What is your minimum cal requirement? Can you post up a typical day of what you eat and drink, including that days total cals, fat, carbs and protein?

What are you doing for exercise?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

will eating egg whites low my fat intake
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nykolel
will eating egg whites low my fat intake
If you're substituting them for real whole eggs, then yes, the whites have much less fat.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

Take a look at your food log and Identify the items that are higher in fat then try to eliminate or reduce these foods from your diet. (hope that doesn't sound like Im teaching you to suck eggs as they say but it is that basic).

as others have said you don't wanna eliminate fat altogether as mono- and poly-unsaturated fats are good for you. Also be careful of foods labelled low-fat as these often have added sugar to compensate for the taste lost with the fat. Most low fat dairy is ok (ie milk, cheese)

Things I have done:
-switch to skimmed/semi-skimmed milk and lower fat butter/margarine
-Use LF greek yogurt in place of creamy substances, eg. over veg stir fry and pasta with a dry spice/herb mix. in salad dressings, in dips, use half yogurt & half mayo in mixed salads like coleslaw or egg mayo.
-Use salsa, herbs & spices to add flavor to foods.
-Make omelets with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.
-And of course cut out the obvious chips, chocolate and snacks.
-As im a veggie I use 'Quorn' a lot which is a meat substitute, tastes great and is very low in fat, (my carnivore husband likes it too which is saying a lot)

For good fats I add, seeds, nuts, avocado and olives to my diet sparingly. Also the yolk of an egg has good omega fats too.

Last edited by bettmrr; 01-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

ok i will try that
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Mu husband is similar to your weight, and he is trying to get down to 200lbs. We are having good results simply by counting calories. Now he eats somewhere between 1700 and 2000 calories per day. We have to portion everything, and keep track of the numbers, but so far it is paying off. We've only been doing this for a few weeks and he is slowly but steadily losing weight.

The bottom line is, if you consume fewer calories than what you burn in the course of a day you should lose weight.

To have full meals without overloading on the cals we've had to reduce meat portions, load up on the veggies, and toally cut out processed junk food. Also, we hardly eat bread anymore, and eat more fish.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

In my opion, try to go with leaner meat such as chicken breast instead of thigh and leg. choose lean pork and beef instead of ground pork, beef or bacon. Sausages are high in fat unless they are turkey and have 97% lean. This case you reduce the saturated fat which bad for you.
Eat more fish. Fish has omega 3 that good for you, and help you to repair joint.
Reduce fat in cooking as you should mersure the oil or butter.
That what I try to do. Others advice above are great too.
Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.