Notices

Oz yields vs oz

Old 11-18-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oz yields vs oz

Just a question for anyone out there...When entering a food serving, what is the difference between "oz yields" and just plain "oz"? Thanks for any reply.
Mary Lou
Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

I believe the yields are the part you actually eat, so you could weigh an apple and enter it in as raw yields, or if you want to weigh it the other way, you would weigh it, eat it, then weigh and subtract the portion you didn't eat (the core) and this would be oz.

I just weight everything raw and use the plain oz label. If its a banana I weigh it without the peal, if its a plum I weigh it then subtract the core. But I'm pretty sure the oz yields subtracts a minor amount of calories.

Be careful with your meats, I suggest always weighing them raw, because the different designations of fitday change the calorie content a lot.