Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Nutrition & labeling
Custom Food?  What about Custom MEAL? >

Custom Food? What about Custom MEAL?

Community
Notices

Custom Food? What about Custom MEAL?

Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Custom Food? What about Custom MEAL?

folks, sorry if this has already been answered.

I sent a request to feedback. I hope there is a method to save typical meals.

here is the message:
Greetings,

I really like the website A LOT. I think its very cool that it contains various functions and features. Im impressed with weight goal, exercise, moods, stats, etc trackers.

Im having one major challenge with Custom Food. Im going to have a major hard time building a CUSTOM MEAL. How do I save typical meals I have at home?? example...I often have eggs, avocado, and rice or oatmeal. Im especially challenged to have to build this "food eaten" list over and over. Maybe Im not seeing it. please help me out.

Plus, I prefer to avoid the process if getting the nutrition info for each item, doing the math, then plug the sum data for "Custom Food". I shouldnt have to execute that manual process.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

ces69jen,

I had that problem with my custom breakfast so instead of making it a meal, I made it a recipe. I just put in my cereal, flaxseed, blueberries, almond milk, etc. as ingredients with the amount of each I use and named it "Steel Cut Oats w/ Flax and Blueberries." Then I made another that was just the cereal for summer days when I use different fruits and called it "Steel Cut Oats w/ Flax (No Fruit)." Each day I just go to My Meals and select the one that applies.

Might this work for you?

Eremita
Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Eremita,
Where do you enter "meals?" I can only enter "foods."

Thank you!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Eremita,
Recipes make perfect sense. I looked for such tool, but found none within any tabs. Are you using fitday for PC? I'm guessing that it's a feature for the desktop. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Opps, ces69jen!

I am trying out both FitDay and LiveStrong and it was on LiveStrong that I made my simple meals into recipes.

In FitDay, I go to my "Recently eaten foods" (link on the left) and check all that apply to my routine breakfast and then click the "add all" at the top or bottom of the page. I modify the amounts after they have been added. This works most easily when I am eating much the same thing during the week, since a number of days come up at once to choose from.

Sorry for the mix up. The ideal site would be a combination of the two.

Eremita

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KajolThappar
Low fat, low carbohydrate foods are best. An example of a good days food:

Breakfast: Sugar-free cereals. Fruit juice. Brown bread/toast.
Mid-morning snack: Some fruit.
Lunch: Brown breaded sandwiches with low fat meat, i.e. chicken, lettuce and tomatoe. Crisps are ok so long as theyre low fat as are other snack based foods.
Mid-afternoon snack: More fruit, if not a cereal bar.
Dinner: Boiled potatoes, grilled fish, peas and a slice of bread.
Supper: Any sort of low fat soup with a slice of bread.

Theyre just examples, mix and match it about, lots of good food guides on google.

Dont forget to excercise otherwise it'll all be pointless.

what are you talking about? What does this have to do with a custom meal? Your suggestion of a low carb diet that contains, bread, potatoes or juice at every meal is laughable. If I were concerned about carbs, and needed to take in some, my choice would be from green veggies, not bread, and potatoes... but that's just me I guess.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-13-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ces69jen
folks, sorry if this has already been answered.

I sent a request to feedback. I hope there is a method to save typical meals.

here is the message:
Greetings,

I really like the website A LOT. I think its very cool that it contains various functions and features. Im impressed with weight goal, exercise, moods, stats, etc trackers.

Im having one major challenge with Custom Food. Im going to have a major hard time building a CUSTOM MEAL. How do I save typical meals I have at home?? example...I often have eggs, avocado, and rice or oatmeal. Im especially challenged to have to build this "food eaten" list over and over. Maybe Im not seeing it. please help me out.

Plus, I prefer to avoid the process if getting the nutrition info for each item, doing the math, then plug the sum data for "Custom Food". I shouldnt have to execute that manual process.
how you save your meal is personal preference, I don't think sending FD a message will get you an answer on that. If you can't get the feature to work at all, maybe but if you just need to figure out the best way (for you) to do something, either get suggestions from the community of decide which way is best for you.

This may sound rude but you saying "Plus, I prefer to avoid the process if getting the nutrition info for each item, doing the math, then plug the sum data for 'Custom Food'. I shouldnt have to execute that manual process." got my attention... are you serious???? I hate to say it (oh wait... no I don't) but somethings take a little work on our part. We are all here to HELP but you have to put forth some effort on your own. People that take the easy why out, get the results of the easy way they took. Be proactive, it's your health, your lifestyle. Be it, own it!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-13-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KajolThappar
Low fat, low carbohydrate foods are best. An example of a good days food:

Breakfast: Sugar-free cereals. Fruit juice. Brown bread/toast.
Mid-morning snack: Some fruit.
Lunch: Brown breaded sandwiches with low fat meat, i.e. chicken, lettuce and tomatoe. Crisps are ok so long as theyre low fat as are other snack based foods.
Mid-afternoon snack: More fruit, if not a cereal bar.
Dinner: Boiled potatoes, grilled fish, peas and a slice of bread.
Supper: Any sort of low fat soup with a slice of bread.

Theyre just examples, mix and match it about, lots of good food guides on google.

Dont forget to excercise otherwise it'll all be pointless.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Seriously? That is not low carb. If you want to do a low carb diet you need good fats, not low fat food. And where is all the protein in your example?
It also has nothing to do with the original question.

I use Recipe Calculator to come up with nutrition info for things I cook, then enter it something like "jambalaya 1/4 recipe" or "potato soup 2 cups". I use "view recent foods" and check off all the usual stuff I eat (coffee, creamer, sugar, greek yogurt, kashi bar etc) and fiddle with the amounts after they're all listed, then hit enter. It is a PITA (pain in the ...) at first, BUT once you've built up a good library of custom and recent foods it gets much easier as you go.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Kajol's lack of response to the original question, an answer that makes no logical sense, and the links in his sig make me wonder if he's on here just to promote his sites...if anyone else agrees perhaps we should report it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.