7 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Digestive System >

7 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Digestive System

Community
Notices

7 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Digestive System

Old 04-26-2016, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Digestive System

The digestive system is one of the most important systems in our bodies. It is where our food is processed into absorbable nutrients and waste products. Here are 7 tips for maintaining a healthy digestive system.

Tip #1:

Chew your foods well and slowly. The more quickly you eat, the harder your enzymes and acids in the stomach will have to work in order to break down the foods, which could lead to increased heartburn and bloating.

Tip #2:

Stop eating once you feel full. Over eating is a huge health risk and may cause indigestion, bloating, and heartburn and acid reflux.

Tip #3:

Another way to maintain a healthy digestive tract is to do some simple, daily exercises, preferably in the morning. The colon functions much more efficiently when abdominal muscles are strong and constantly in motion.

Tip #4:

Meditation is known to be one of the best ways to reduce stress and relax, especially after a busy day at work. While we cannot control every situation that causes stress, we can change the way we respond. When we’re stressed, our body goes into the “fight or flight” mode, switching off our digestion so we can run away or deal with the problem head on.

Tip #5:

Cut back on the intake of fried, fattening foods. This will help reduce your stomach’s workload.

Tip #6:

Include foods rich in fiber. Fiber is important for the health of the digestive system and can be found in fruits, raw vegetables, whole grains and cereals, nuts, and beans.

Tip #7:

Refrain from eating late at night. Our bodies slow down in the evening hours as they get ready to rest and rejuvenate for the following day. When we put food into our stomachs at these late hours there are not enough digestive enzymes to digest it well. This undigested food sits in your stomach and will often lead to sleep disturbances.

By Avery Eisenreich

Please note that the information provided on this forum is not a substitute for the advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional with any questions you may have regarding medical symptoms or a medical condition.

How often do you run on the treadmill at the gym or go for a morning job around the neighbourhood? How often do your warm ups and physical activities involve jumping?

When you perform a movement – whether it is running or jumping – you put a great deal of pressure on your ankles and the surrounding muscles. The strengthening the ankle musculature is thereby crucial because it allows you to withstand greater forces before injury is sustained. In addition the strengthening lower leg muscles will help avoid chronic conditions, such as shin splints and Achilles Tendonitis.

Proprioception:

Proprioception can be defined as your ability to realize stimuli arising within your body regarding position, motion and equilibrium. For instance, even if you are blindfolded, your body knows via proprioception when your arm is above the head or down at the hips. Similarly, when you are moving your body into a position that can strain your ankle, increased proprioception can decrease the risk by alerting you of the danger. As a result, proprioception can increase your performance.

Here are 5 exercises you can perform to build ankle strength:

1. Scissor Hops

This is a good way to improve your speed and agility. The exercise is also very easy to perform.

To perform this exercise, assume a lunge stance with one foot forward (the knee must be bent at 90 degrees) and the rear knee nearly touching the ground. It’s important to make sure that the front knee is over the midline of the foot. As you jump, switch the position of your legs – move your front leg to the back and the rear leg to the front. Swing your arms to gain lift. Upon landing, absorb the impact with your legs by adopting the lunge position and repeat.

2. Forward Lunges Using a Chair

This exercise helps increase flexibility in the ankle. Position your injured ankle on a chair. Your knee should be bent and your bodyweight should be shifted forward so that your front knee extends over your toes. Then try to push a little bit further as long as the pain is not too excruciating. Hold the end range for about 30 seconds and repeat.

3. Stand on One Foot

This exercise will help strengthen the stabilizers of the ankle and will improve your proprioception. Begin the exercise by bending your good leg upward. Your injured leg should be the only leg touching the ground. Try to balance on one foot for 2 minutes, twice a day. To progress this exercise try closing your eyes or tossing a small ball or bean bag in the air.

4. Balance Disc

Use one foot to stand on a balance disc for as long as you can without toppling over.

5. Ankle Eversion

Start the exercise with a resistance band around your foot and your feet and ankles turned inwards. Slowly move your feet and ankles outwards against the resistance band as far as possible and comfortable without pain. Repeat.

By Avery Eisenreich

We often associate allergies with the outdoors, where pollens and spores are free to spoil summer days for those sensitive to them. But the truth is that we are exposed to allergens (any substance that causes an allergic reaction) everywhere – including in the workplace. And allergies are very common.

The most common triggers of indoor allergies are dust mites, fungus spores, animal dander and other substances that are found in many offices, including the mold that grows on top of plant pots or in other damp areas and grass and tree pollens that get stuck to colleagues’ clothes.

If you are allergic, your body responds to it as if it is a harmful substance. It produces an antibody called immunoglobulin E to fight off the allergen.

Here are 8 tips for keeping allergies at bay in the workplace:
  • Nasal decongestants: Nasal decongestions, found over the counter in local pharmacies, can ease that blocked-up swollen feeling you sometimes get in your nose when you have hay fever. They help you reduce the swelling in your nasal blood vessels – a common symptom of hay fever.
  • If your eyes become swollen or itchy, splash your face gently with cool water. However, be careful not to rub near your eyes when drying as it may create more irritation.
  • Promote a scent-free environment – politely request all employees and visitors to refrain from bringing scents into the office and to eat all foods/snacks in designated areas simply because there may be allergy sufferers in the office with life threatening conditions. Place signs in high trafficked areas and at the front entrance.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 05-17-2022 at 05:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Your tips are awesome. Chewing food correctly is necessary for a healthy gut. I often do walk after 30 minutes while eating food.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:43 AM
Banned

Very interesting tips) you help me a lot
Old 12-23-2020, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

You need to have your own rules and formulas to control your kg fit and so. You have to work out regular, You have to eat healthy food. I recently Started using health apps And it helps me to be better at it. To watch calories and control myself better than I would did it myself
Old 03-15-2021, 08:57 PM
FitDay Member

These are really great tips but I would like to add a few more. Luke warm water early in the morning should be consumed since it clears the digestive system and removes all the oil and fat. Another way is to eat flaxseeds which help improve the digestive system and prove to be beneficial in making you more healthy.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:04 PM
FitDay Member

Very useful tips thank you very much))) I will definitely use it))
Old 11-25-2021, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing informative article
Old 01-07-2022, 07:21 PM
FitDay Member

You need to have your own rules and formulas to control your kg fit and so. You have to work out regular, You have to eat healthy food. I recently Started using health apps And it helps me to be better at it.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Some tips to maintain a healthy digestive system is to -
- is to maintain a healthy diet
- to eat more carbs and fiber
- to take health supplements
Old 09-19-2022, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Digestive System

[size=13px]Apart from medications and treatments, here I describe some beneficial tips to maintain digestive health:[/size]

1. Take a little salt in your diet to maintain good health.
2. Limit your fluid intake during meals.
3. Avoid eating too much-fried food, spicy food, dairy products and alcohol.
4. Eat warm food.
5. Take pungent foods moderately to aid digestion.
6. Eat in moderation.
7. Exercise regularly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.