Notices

nutritional info changed

Old 10-19-2015, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Question nutritional info changed

I just noticed that when I add white grapefruit to my log, it doesn't give me any fiber like it used to. However, it gives me protein 2.1 grams, that I don't think grapefruit has. Did some the fiber and protein get mixed up on the label?
Old 10-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

It does look like 'white grapefruit, Florida' has no fiber, while 'white grapefruit, all areas' does have fiber. Strange. Both have protein, though. Vegetables and fruits do have (some) protein.

Elsewhere, I found this information:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1910/2

and

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1908/2

Who knew?

Last edited by Kathy13118; 10-19-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

There are other examples in the data FitDay uses where the more specific your selection, the less the stored data. Look at Red Wine. The generic selection show a number of nutrients, the specific selections (merlot, cabernet sauvignon, etc.) have few nutrients showing. It is worth taking a minute to look at the options to choose the best one. You do have the option of creating a custom food using one of the selections as a baseline, then adding in the data from a nutrition facts label or other source. Be careful out there!