Old 12-29-2014, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default i want to know about proteins and products

hi friends,
i want to know about proteins and products

Last edited by Kathy13118; 12-29-2014 at 03:11 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-04-2015, 01:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

That's a very general question, mathan826. Are you wanting to know about different types of protein drinks/shakes?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:20 PM
FitDay Member

I'll take a shot........

Protein is the only macro that your body has to have but can not make on its own. In other words, you have to eat it to survive.

There are two types, complete & incomplete. Complete proteins are basically all meat & dairy but there are also some beans, nuts, etc,,,, I forget them all off hand. Incomplete protein foods would be rice, breads, pasta....... many foods contain protein but they are incomplete.

Complete protein foods contain all the necessary amino acids to do it's job...... one main one, build muscle.

Incomplete proteins lack amino acids to be full or " complete ". But you can eat two different incomplete protein sources and they will become complete.

You can research and find lists of incomplete proteins and how to match them to be complete.

As far as how much, that should be determined by grams per lean body mass (LBM).....never by percentages. For me, I weight train so I consume 1g of protein per my LBM...... not my body weight. People the exercise less would require less.

Last edited by JimmyJonny; 02-21-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 PM
Banned

Proteins are large molecules, or macromolecules, consisting of one or more long chains of amino acid residues.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-28-2015 at 07:44 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

What do you mean, protein rich products or foods or just protein... one above is a nice answer too.