Alcohol?  Do you mean sugar? >

Alcohol? Do you mean sugar?

Community
Notices

Alcohol? Do you mean sugar?

Old 05-08-2014, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Alcohol? Do you mean sugar?

I see that you list alcohol in the nutritional chart. Is this the same thing as sugar? I don't see sugar listed at all.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure alcohol is just alcohol. As when it shows up in my pie chart as 'alcohol' when I've had a martini at dinner and put the martini in my food log!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I'm pretty sure alcohol is just alcohol. As when it shows up in my pie chart as 'alcohol' when I've had a martini at dinner and put the martini in my food log!
No, that's not it, Kathy. I don't drink and today menu listed that I'm going to have 8%. I asked for a answer from fitday and still to date no answer. Plus my doctor would like to know.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

When you're talking about 'today's menu,' what do you mean? You said it says you are going to have 8%? Does this mean that you put your menu for a meal in before you eat, and so then you see the results come up?

As far as I know, 'sugar' is not reported by fitday, so you would have to look for alcohol in the menu. If you look at each food, does it show up anywhere?

For example, look at 'Beef Bourguignon.' I misspelled that and miraculously, fitday still showed me 'Beef Burgundy.' When you click on the name of the food, then that beef burgundy does show up having some alcohol. It's not a percentage there but if I choose to add it to my foods, it will show up as a percentage of my foods for the day, as 'alcohol.' That's where my martinis' alcohol is evident when I have a martini at dinner.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-23-2014 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

I always thought it was "sugar alcohol" which is often used in sugar-free products. Here's a little explanation of what sugar alcohols are from the American Diabetes Association:
Sugar Alcohols: American Diabetes Association®

I've seen some diet products (not all) actually list sugar alcohol on their nutrition labels after proteins. What do you think? Could this be the answer?
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

I have no idea. I guess the best thing to do would be to look at an example from a log. The only place I've ever seen 'alcohol' show up in my pie chart is when I have a martini in a restaurant.

To test your idea, I looked at the amount of alcohol in 1 oz. of sugar-free gum - in the fitday database. It's zero, and I think that's a lot of gum!

The website did say about sugar alcohols: 'Even though they are called sugar alcohols, they do not contain alcohol. '

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-26-2014 at 04:54 PM.