Notices

How much Protein, Carbs, Fats should I eat?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default How much Protein, Carbs, Fats should I eat?

I need your help, tell me..

How much Protein, Carbs, Fats should I eat? for my Obesity loss.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

It's calories that determines weight loss. But health-wise, the ratios of 40/30/30 are pretty conservative. Or even more carbohydrate and less fat. Essentially, it's calories that determine weight loss, but diets should provide necessary nutrients as well.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Excellent posts to read it up and keep going on this way.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi if you want to lose weight then you need to know what to eat eg macronutrient balance of protein, fat, and carbs. And how much you eat eg calories.
Here are the 3 macronutrients

PROTEINS - have 4 calories per gram
FATS- have 9 calories per gram
CARBOHYDRATES - have 4 calories per gram

Here is how you work you calorie intake

One gram of protein per pound of your ideal body weight. Multiply this number by 4 for the number of protein calories you should eat each day.

3 to .5 grams of fat per pound of your ideal body weight. Multiply this number by 9 for the number of fat calories you should eat each day.

To determine your carbohydrates you need to play about with it a bit till you fined out what suits you everybody is diffrent. You will also need to work out your BMR.

BMR Basal Metabolic Rate, You need to use an online calculator BMR Calculator
You type in you age, height, weight and then it gives you your BMR.
You then Multiply this number by your activity level to determine your calories.

Harris Benedict Formula
To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

This number is the total number of calories you need in order to maintain your current weight.
Reducing calories by 15-20% below your daily calorie maintenance needs is a useful start for losing weight.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

This depends on a few factors:

Protein - aim for a minimum of 100 - 150 grams per day (1 gram per lb of body weight to a max. of 200 grams)

Fats - for fat loss 50-80 grams per day

Fiber 40-50 grams per day (use supplements)

Carbs - for fat loss - aim for about 15 grams of starch per meal (or take it all in one meal). That works best if you follow bites 10-15 bites per meal = 15 grams or so

This is a starting base. Everyone is different. See how you FEEL.
Focus on manging HUNGER AND ENERGY AND CRAVINGS first