Notices

Quest for weight loss : Started again

Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Good luck bro, however no noticeable decrease in weight after strenuous, consistent training may mean some area in your diet needs to be tightened up a bit. Hope you are food logging!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

I see couple of pounds going down.. But seems like very slow.. Tightning up my diet and putting more discipline in my quest.. Hoping to get this going.. Thanks guys
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

I really think you need to log your food to see what's going on. I personally have been active and fit most of my life and still I gained weight and it was all due to diet. For the average person, diet is about 75 percent of weight loss, exercise 25 percent. So if you never exercised before and you start you may lose a small amount of weight.

If you log your food for a week, it'll probably become much more clear what's going on.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Guys , I am on 210 .. lost 5 pounds in last 6-7 weeks. Need motivation to keep going , my short term target is 205.. Expecting to achieve that by October 5.

Here is my day to day blog putting in my daily updates to keep me motivated and get me going

http://amittransforms.blogspot.com/
Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ceemyheart
Hi, I am right there with you!
Been up and down for too many years. Quit smoking a year ago, added weight to the point of ridiculous. Going to try again. Doing modified medifast. I cannot afford the foods, so I have spent hours calculating foods that will work and increasing proteins and supplements. I think I am pretty close to the meal,replacements. We will see! Good luck to you both! I will be looking for you!

8/1/13 254.7
8/4/13 249.6
Hi Ceemyheart , where are you now with you weight loss ?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amitlog
Guys , I am on 210 .. lost 5 pounds in last 6-7 weeks. Need motivation to keep going , my short term target is 205.. Expecting to achieve that by October 5.

Here is my day to day blog putting in my daily updates to keep me motivated and get me going

Amit's Transformation
Guys , I am posting my daily exercise schedule too with timings and other details too ..

Amit's Transformation
Old 09-26-2013, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Reached 206 .. Result of daily workouts
Old 09-26-2013, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum...
I'm really struggling to lose weight (I've put on almost 3 stone - 38.25lbs - because of medication). I look and feel like sh*t
I've tried doing Insanity, but found it difficult to stick with because I'm doing it by myself (and because I hadn't lost any weight after doing it for 1 month). As I was totally disheartened I did absolutely nothing for 2 months (and put on 2.5lbs). Anyway, decided yesterday enough was enough and went out for a 'run' (I use that term very loosely!). I managed to run for 10min (very, very slowly); walked for 5min then ran for another 5min; then I just walked the rest of the circuit (about 4 miles).
I have tried running before, but always gave it up after a bit because I never got past the whole 'I hate every minute of this' feeling... A girl I work with (who has lost > 5 stone - >70lbs because of running) has told me it's because I never gave myself a goal. She reckons you can work up from nothing to a 5k in approx 6 wks; personally speaking I think she's on drugs if she thinks that...!! However, I've taken her at her word, so last night I signed up for a 10k It's a 'Santa Dash' and it's on on the 8th Dec; so that gives me 10wks to train... I figure if I even manage to run for 5k and walk for 5k I'll be happy. Still not sure if I'm crazy or just plain stoopid only time will tell
Anyway, sorry for such a long post! Any encouragement/tips/anything whatsoever will be gratefully received - Cheers!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by noodle_berry
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum...
I'm really struggling to lose weight (I've put on almost 3 stone - 38.25lbs - because of medication). I look and feel like sh*t
I've tried doing Insanity, but found it difficult to stick with because I'm doing it by myself (and because I hadn't lost any weight after doing it for 1 month). As I was totally disheartened I did absolutely nothing for 2 months (and put on 2.5lbs). Anyway, decided yesterday enough was enough and went out for a 'run' (I use that term very loosely!). I managed to run for 10min (very, very slowly); walked for 5min then ran for another 5min; then I just walked the rest of the circuit (about 4 miles).
I have tried running before, but always gave it up after a bit because I never got past the whole 'I hate every minute of this' feeling... A girl I work with (who has lost > 5 stone - >70lbs because of running) has told me it's because I never gave myself a goal. She reckons you can work up from nothing to a 5k in approx 6 wks; personally speaking I think she's on drugs if she thinks that...!! However, I've taken her at her word, so last night I signed up for a 10k It's a 'Santa Dash' and it's on on the 8th Dec; so that gives me 10wks to train... I figure if I even manage to run for 5k and walk for 5k I'll be happy. Still not sure if I'm crazy or just plain stoopid only time will tell
Anyway, sorry for such a long post! Any encouragement/tips/anything whatsoever will be gratefully received - Cheers!

I was in same boat 3 months back .. medications and other complications etc. I started with trainer and struggled for 1 month before starting to control the workouts.. Now it is 3 months and I have started to not miss single workout.. lost around 15 pounds and aiming for 15 more in coming 2-3 months. Here is what i log everyday exercise and diet.

amittransforms.blogspot.com
http://amittransforms.blogspot.com/