Notices

Committing to this!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Committing to this!

Hi all, I'm Kat, I'm about to be a college senior and I'm trying to get back to my healthy weight. I was my ideal weight back in high school at 154, but the freshmen 15 hit me..and then the sophomore 15..and the junior 15. It's shameful and it makes me angry that I've done this to myself.
I've tried to get back onto the healthy wagon of diet and exercise but I continue to fall off and it sucks.

But this summer I've been quite determined, no more excuses. I started off at 235 in May. Now I'm at 206 and I want to continue down this road. I want to be back where I was, but healthier and stronger. I just need some guidance

I exercise on my own (cannot afford the gym on a student budget) so far it's been running with my dog, push ups, and jumping rope everyday. I enjoy it and it makes me feel good.

My problem is the diet.... I grew up in a Puerto Rican household and the diet wasn't healthy for me at all. High sodium, fried foods..you name it. But I'm not going to blame it all on that either. I eat when I'm bored too. But I've stopped doing that this summer. I occupy myself other ways. I don't like cooking so quick meals are the ideal for me and also a fault in the past. Quick usually didn't mean healthy. But I am learning to cook and just get my butt into gear!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default great work!

hi kat! sounds like yr doing a great job exercising!!! doing what you can with what you have, awesum! as for foods there is allot of quick healthy foods! one of my favorites things is wraps. a healthy thin brown bread wrap you just put some avocado or hummus and lots of veggies/sprouts/chicken/feta/whatever you have at home. another yummy healthy and very cheap meal is red lentil curry. throw in some carrots and cauliflower too in the end and you get some crunch. you can do for a few days and even freeze some. I recon its 2 dollars per meal. I got inspired by yr home exercise! I will buy a skipping rope tomorrow
keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on deciding to take action , its the first step. Committing to make it a priority in your life is the next.

Re-work your nutrition plan, +- 40% carbs, 40% proteins, 20% healthy fats. Once you get past the first few weeks, the routine becomes easier and a part of your daily life.

I could not afford gym also, [I'll finally start going to the gym next month ] but that didn't stop me going outside, walking, swimming or riding my bike. As long as you aren't messing up too much on your diet, you will begin to see noticeable results.
I wish you the best .

---------------------------

Age 48, Height 5' 3"
Start date: April 22, 2013

Start weight: 150 lbs/68 kg
Current weight: 125.6 lbs/57 kg

Goal - build muscle & lower body fat