FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   I'm a newbie! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9736-im-newbie.html)

LnKayMO 06-19-2013 07:04 AM

I'm a newbie!

I had my annual physical today. UGH! Since I moved to Missouri two years ago, I've gained 22 pounds!! SOOO not good! I used to play around with FitDay back when I was just trying to make sure I was getting enough nourishment - now I'm looking for help losing weight.

I'm divorced, have three grown children, and after living in the same general area of southwest Virginia for most of my life; in the past 12 years I've lived in 4 states and moved 10 times!! Can I say there's been more than a little stress?? I've recently (last Thursday) rescued a black Lab mix - the result of having mentioned to a friend that I was thinking of maybe thinking about getting a small, non-shedding dog. Yes - I realize the Lab doesn't match :confused: More stress or less?? I think - after I get used to the whole idea - it will be a good thing.

I work for a center for independent living - we work with people with disabilities to help them live independently - as in, in their own homes, not in a facility of some kind. I enjoy the people I work with and the work that I do. I'm the Outreach Coordinator - lots of talking to people and making presentations and teaching people about our programs and services.

Losing weight is going to be SOO difficult for me! I have some medical conditions that require meds that cause weight gain, and exercising is often difficult. But I'm now pre-diabetic and weigh WAY too much for my height. I have to get healthier - and this time - that includes huge weight loss!

I look forward to getting to know people!

carolynnq 06-19-2013 12:01 PM

Hi LnKay, and welcome.

I've got 3 grown kids too. A puppy is pretty much like having a kid though! But how fun. Yeah, the puppy will produce some stress, but a lot of love and laughter too (which are stress relievers).

If you're looking for some like-minded folks who enjoy giving and getting support, encouragement, tips, and sharing a few laughs, take a peek at this thread ---> 7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! In there, people post things they'd personally like to accomplish during the week,then post updates as to their progress. No pressure, though. There's no competition, you share only what you want to share. A new thread starts every Monday.

Give it a quick read and if it's something you'd be interested in, join on in!

(invite wording borrowed from epixi)

Gem7 06-29-2013 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by LnKayMO (Post 99962)
I had my annual physical today. UGH! Since I moved to Missouri two years ago, I've gained 22 pounds!! SOOO not good! I used to play around with FitDay back when I was just trying to make sure I was getting enough nourishment - now I'm looking for help losing weight.

I'm divorced, have three grown children, and after living in the same general area of southwest Virginia for most of my life; in the past 12 years I've lived in 4 states and moved 10 times!! Can I say there's been more than a little stress?? I've recently (last Thursday) rescued a black Lab mix - the result of having mentioned to a friend that I was thinking of maybe thinking about getting a small, non-shedding dog. Yes - I realize the Lab doesn't match :confused: More stress or less?? I think - after I get used to the whole idea - it will be a good thing.

I work for a center for independent living - we work with people with disabilities to help them live independently - as in, in their own homes, not in a facility of some kind. I enjoy the people I work with and the work that I do. I'm the Outreach Coordinator - lots of talking to people and making presentations and teaching people about our programs and services.

Losing weight is going to be SOO difficult for me! I have some medical conditions that require meds that cause weight gain, and exercising is often difficult. But I'm now pre-diabetic and weigh WAY too much for my height. I have to get healthier - and this time - that includes huge weight loss!

I look forward to getting to know people!

I have asthma so I understand having hard time excising. I am walking when the heat here is not to hot. and move slowly....