Hello this place! >

Hello this place!

Community
Notices

Hello this place!

Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello this place!

my name is susan and i'm new in this forum and very glad to be here to learn and share with you all.
i have been battling with weight loss and gain due to an eating disorder (binge eating disorder aka BED) for over 40 years and let me tell ya...it's wearing me out.

in january of this year i started going to Overeaters Anonymous and i really enjoy it and the sense of community it gives me. its so nice to be in a room full of people that actually "get it" when it comes to disordered eating. i'm pleased to say i've been binge free for 5 months now and for me that's nothing short of a miracle. i stay away from my trigger foods and keep an eye on my eating behaviours and i've been fairly on track.

my problem now is that i need to increase my fitness and activity levels but i find that i'm terribly unmotivated. it's almost like i'm sabatoging my goals (which is nothing new for me). i find it's very confusing as to why i don't just stand up...pull up my big girl panties and get done what needs to get done. i only have about 60 lbs to lose and the thought of that doesn't scare me at all. between 2000 and 2006 i was able to lose 230lbs so the thought of a mere 60 is just a matter of getting it done.

i look forward to hearing your stories and suggestions...alone i seem to get very little done but as a group we can be unstoppable. talk to you soon
Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Susan. Good for you for overcoming your binge eating disorder. I know it couldn't have been easy. You had the strength and dedication to do that, so I know you can lose the weight as well.

For me, taking it one day at a time has been key. I can focus on making my goals for one day. If I look at it longer term, I either lose focus or get discouraged thinking about it.

I've found the weekly motivation thread here very helpful for me.

On that thread are lots of folks who enjoy giving and getting support, encouragement, tips, and sharing a few laughs, take a peek at this thread ---> http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-1-2013-a.html

In there, people post things they'd personally like to accomplish during the week,then post updates as to their progress. No pressure, though. There's no competition, you share only what you want to share. A new thread starts every Monday. But you can jump in at any time.

Give it a quick read and if it's something you'd be interested in, join on in!

(invite wording borrowed from epixi)