Notices

I'm New Here and found it by accident

Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Question I'm New Here and found it by accident

Hello Everyone I am new here and found this by accident looking for a new weight loss journal. How is everyone? Do you use other sites or just this one? I am from Texas, Where is everyone else from? I look forward to meeting some new people
Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm from Canada. I tried 4 other sites along with this one for the first 3 days, and decided to use FitDay because it really is the better choice; more detailed reports and custom options compared to other sites, I like it.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, ChoosingMe. I use only FitDay - I don't have time to use more than one site. I'm in California. We lived in Fort Worth for 3 years and loved it.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, Choosing! Glad you found us! I use another site for creating/analyzing "recipes" (it's easier for me to enter "vegetable soup" on Fitday rather than entering each ingredient in the bowl). I use a few other sites for their nutrition databases. Once I get all the pertinent info on foods or "recipes", I make a custom foods on FitDay.

Other than that, FitDay is my go-to site. I like the fact that I don't have to classify my eating as "meals". I like that I can track what's important to me. The site is visually appealing and easy to navigate. I like its flexibility. But most importantly, I really like the community here. Very warm, welcoming and supportive. For me, that's the trump card.

Bop around on the forums for a bit and you'll see what I mean. Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, me too! Just joined to day (I'm from Scotland) to see if I like the site before cancelling my "paid-for" weight loss subscriptions. I've lost a lot of weight with weightwatchers but find it hard to keep it off. You lose interest after a while and it's not a savings plan! So found this one which looks exactly like what I'm after, i.e. FREE! Fingers crossed it works out ...good luck! x
Old 04-20-2013, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Dotness. Yes, check out the site and see how you like it. If you decide to stay, you might want to check out the weekly motivation thread.