I'm still confused about the net calorie thing on here
Thanks in advance for your help. Do I have to manually subtract the calorie restriction from my calories burned each day to make sure I'm not going over my calorie limit or am I missing something?
Hi Fastergirl, and welcome! Can you tell me where you see "net calories"? I can't find it right off (and there are so many tabs to look at!).
'm a bit of a newbie myself, but here's what I did:
1. Under the weight tab, enter your weight.
2. Under the activities tab, choose your basic metabolism. (For instance, I chose 'Seated, some movement.") Then choose sleep as an activity, and enter how many hours you usually sleep a day. Then you can see how many calories a day your body burns. (Then if, for example, it shows your body burns 2000 calories, if you eat more than than, you'll gain weight; less than that and you'll lose weight.)
3. At the weight goal tab, enter your goal weight and date. Then at the bottom of that page, look at the calorie restriction tab - that will show how many calories you need to spend a day (either through eating less or exercising more) to reach your goal by your goal date.
If your base rate is 2000 calories, and it shows you need a calorie restriction of 700 to meet your goal, you can either eat 1300 calories a day, do activities that burn an additional 700 calories a day, or a combination of calorie reduction and exercise.
4. Enter everything you eat into the food log.
5. Enter any additional activities you do into the activity log.
At the bottom of the food log page, you can look at the calorie balance tab to see how many calories you've eaten vs burned for the day.
I guess you've confirmed my question, that I have to manually work out each day where I am calorie wise to lose weight. sort of annoying that the program doesn't do that for you.
anyway, thanks very much! :)
the calories you've eaten are subtracted by the program on both the net calories and the calorie budget on your dashboard. Dashboard is found by hovering over the home tab and selecting dashboard. calorie budget you can alter yourself, net cals are set by the program.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:55 PM.|