Notices

Completly confused

Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Completly confused

okay first things first can some one explain this dash board, like for example what is what like what the amount you can eat a day , how much you need to burn , how come none of this is explained , like the net calories , am i suposed to aim for that or ,am i suposed to eat based off it ? simle question is how can i tell what i can consume and can not consume some one help plzz
Old 03-21-2013, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Shadowlock,

I'm a bit of a newbie myself, but here's what I did:

1. Under the weight tab, enter your weight.

2. Under the activities tab, choose your basic metabolism. (For instance, i chose 'Seated, some movement.") Then choose sleep as an activity, and enter how many hours you usually sleep a day. Then you can see how many calories a day your body burns. (So if it shows your body burns 2000 calories, if you eat more than than, you'll gain weight; less than that and you'll lose weight.)

3. At the weight goal tab, enter your goal weight and date. Then at the bottom of that page, look at the calorie restriction tab - that will show how many calories you need to spend a day (either through eating less or exercising more) to reach your goal by your goal date.

If your base rate is 2000 calories, and it shows you need a calorie restriction of 700 to meet your goal, you can either eat 1300 calories a day or do activities that burn an additional 700 calories a day, or a combination of calorie reduction and exercise.

4. Enter everything you eat into the food log.

5. Enter any additional activities you do into the activity log.

At the bottom of the food log page, you can look at the calorie balance tab to see how many calories you've eaten vs burned for the day.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Carolyn bascially summed it up.

Keep in mind, at first it can boggle your mind, in no time it'll make sense and be like second nature.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default I am a newbie also ? Kubwajack

I have been on FitDay since Jan.28,2013. My age is 68 and my weight was 276I log food and activities every day and I have been TOTALLY Lost untyil I just read your post,Thank you ! I have sent emails to FitDay help and they DO NOT REPLY. I was either going to quit or purchase the premium plan. Still do not know what Net
Originally Posted by carolynnq
Hi Shadowlock,
Calories are, how to do a nitrition plan etc. I do not log water intake BUT, I am in the gym 6 days per week. I do running and walking off and on for about 2 to 3 miles per day plus olipitical,Stationary Bike,cable weights and a thing called " Fit Club" in our gym 2 days per week and I am only down to 267 after 2 months of working my butt off and watching my food intake. At least now I have some idea but still not much.
Thanks,
Kubwajack

I'm a bit of a newbie myself, but here's what I did:

1. Under the weight tab, enter your weight.

2. Under the activities tab, choose your basic metabolism. (For instance, i chose 'Seated, some movement.") Then choose sleep as an activity, and enter how many hours you usually sleep a day. Then you can see how many calories a day your body burns. (So if it shows your body burns 2000 calories, if you eat more than than, you'll gain weight; less than that and you'll lose weight.)

3. At the weight goal tab, enter your goal weight and date. Then at the bottom of that page, look at the calorie restriction tab - that will show how many calories you need to spend a day (either through eating less or exercising more) to reach your goal by your goal date.

If your base rate is 2000 calories, and it shows you need a calorie restriction of 700 to meet your goal, you can either eat 1300 calories a day or do activities that burn an additional 700 calories a day, or a combination of calorie reduction and exercise.

4. Enter everything you eat into the food log.

5. Enter any additional activities you do into the activity log.

At the bottom of the food log page, you can look at the calorie balance tab to see how many calories you've eaten vs burned for the day.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up the ban hammer

Mike,
You worked out hard and you look awesome! Your body looks like you did the P90x work-out!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by conjmb
Mike,
You worked out hard and you look awesome! Your body looks like you did the P90x work-out!
Thanks, I did P90x a couple years back. That's what got me down to 168 pounds.