Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default new to this

Hi there I am new to this site. I joined because I seem to constantly sabotage any weight loss that I achieve. I have recently lost 40 lbs and seem to want to be working my way back up the fat ladder...anyone relate? have answers? I need some help
ajz671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajz671 View Post
Hi there I am new to this site. I joined because I seem to constantly sabotage any weight loss that I achieve. I have recently lost 40 lbs and seem to want to be working my way back up the fat ladder...anyone relate? have answers? I need some help
Welcome! Four years ago I lost 15 lbs and then gained about 35 lbs. I'm working my way back down again. I think, in my case, the weight gain was a combination of menopause weight plus being overly tired and fatigued for several of those years. Now I'm determined to get to a good weight for me and stay there. Now I'm weighing myself only weekly (because it's too discouraging to see no weight loss on a day-to-day basis). But once I reach my desired weight, I'm planning to weigh myself daily so I can deal with 1-2 lb gains as they happen.

There's a weekly motivation thread where people post their daily goals for the week and then report back about how they're doing. It's a friendly group and people provide a lot of encouragement, and I've learned a lot from others there.
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi there, AJ! First off, congratulations on losing 40! What an accomplishment! I'll second what Carolyn said -- join us over on the 7 Day Motivational thread. Hope to see you there!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote