FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   new to this (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9432-new.html)

ajz671 04-14-2013 01:24 PM

new to this

Hi there I am new to this site. I joined because I seem to constantly sabotage any weight loss that I achieve. I have recently lost 40 lbs and seem to want to be working my way back up the fat ladder...anyone relate? have answers? I need some help:mad::mad:

carolynnq 04-14-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajz671 (Post 97952)
Hi there I am new to this site. I joined because I seem to constantly sabotage any weight loss that I achieve. I have recently lost 40 lbs and seem to want to be working my way back up the fat ladder...anyone relate? have answers? I need some help:mad::mad:

Welcome! Four years ago I lost 15 lbs and then gained about 35 lbs. I'm working my way back down again. I think, in my case, the weight gain was a combination of menopause weight plus being overly tired and fatigued for several of those years. Now I'm determined to get to a good weight for me and stay there. Now I'm weighing myself only weekly (because it's too discouraging to see no weight loss on a day-to-day basis). But once I reach my desired weight, I'm planning to weigh myself daily so I can deal with 1-2 lb gains as they happen.

There's a weekly motivation thread where people post their daily goals for the week and then report back about how they're doing. It's a friendly group and people provide a lot of encouragement, and I've learned a lot from others there.

episode2011 04-14-2013 05:31 PM

Hi there, AJ! First off, congratulations on losing 40! What an accomplishment! I'll second what Carolyn said -- join us over on the 7 Day Motivational thread. Hope to see you there!