Notices

Hello everyone!!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello everyone!!

Pleased to meet you. I joined fitday seeking motivation for my workouts and diet tips as I tend to get confused/paranoid a bit often haha.

Here's a bit of my weight loss history and current activities that I'd like to share
After months of procrastination I started working out in August 2012, when I used to weigh 76 kgs (around 168 lbs) and since then I have continued working out at least 5-6 days a week for up to 2 hours. Also, of course, I have fixed my diet and eating patterns quite significantly and thankfully I have definitely seen some great improvements and achievements.

I managed to lose about 17 kgs up to now (59 kgs atm), and decrease my BMI etc etc My target weight is about 54-55 kgs. My main goals for the rest of the year include toning the body and strengthening muscles and have long-term weight loss

Even though I tend to lose motivation at times, that's when I need to visit forums and sites like this!

Looking forward to my time here and pleased to meet you all!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome. I am somewhat new here too, or at least to the forums. I also need a little motivation at times. Sounds like you are doing a super fantastic job so far. I recently had to come to this website to track my calories. I at one point weighed about 180 pounds, and at 5'0" that is way too much. That was many years ago. I had struggled between about 160 and 180 for a while and decided I needed to really do something. Through good eating and exercise I got down to 117 lbs. At that point I got divorced and moved to a different state. Within a year I was up 13 pounds, but I maintained that for a few years. At the beginning of this year I went up to 136 and told myself again I needed to do something. So here I am, logging all my food. What a help it is. Also I added strength training to my work out schedule as previously I did mostly cardio. Wow what a difference. I am now down to 128 and want to get back down to 117 by the end of the year. I also have a goal of being able to do a single unassisted pull up by the end of the year.

So all is going well, but some days I need motivation. I can get really hungry, or get discouraged with slight weight gain. After doing the math calculations it sounds like we are aiming for the same things.

Good luck. Keep on going. Off to eat my last meal of the day. Mainly egg whites which I love.