Notices

not a diet just a new lifestyle.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy not a diet just a new lifestyle.

Hi everyone, im really new to these websites but im looking for advice. Im in a gym almost 3 years and i really love it i cant imagine my life without exercise. Since Halloween (2012) a new trainer joined my gym and i decided to book in for an assestment test with him. i really got on with him & he gave me a great programme, i noticed a change by christmas. Since then i have training alot but having been eating the correct foods, i do not necessarily eat bad foods but i just eat too big of portions. I am 5ft 3 and weight about 63kg. In april i am beginning paleo training (already introduced)and i am really looking forward to it. I got a big book on it to read and have already started substituting foods and cutting/introducing foods to my diet. From April i plan on going on a 90 day circuit, so no bad foods/alcohal and serious training until june/july. My problem is my apetite its ferocious i am constantly hungry and not only for snacks for meals i love big meals!! How do i tame my apetite ? As well i hope to have a flat stomach with abs by then will this be possible ? my dream is to be pure tone and fit and i promised myself i will get there but is paleo the right solution ? please help !!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know if it will be the same for you, but for me, once I cut my portion sizes down to what they should be, the first week is very hard. I need a lot of will power to keep my goals that first week. The second week it gets easier, and pretty soon my body seems to adjust to smaller meals. I go from being able to eat 4 slices of pizza to getting filled up with one.

I have snacks built into my meal plan (mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and evening) so I never have to go too long without food.

Use "tricks" to remind and distract yourself. Put your food on a smaller plate so it will look like a full plate of food. As soon as your done with a meal, brush your teeth. In between meals, block the entrance to your kitchen with a chair that has a sign on it saying "Do I really want to eat now?" or "60kg by June 1" or whatever might dissuade you from going into the kitchen. Post a list of distractions for when you're tempted to eat (call a friend, go for a walk, take a bath, put some music on and dance, etc.). If you have alternatives laid out, you don't have to think too hard - just pick one.

Congratulations on sticking with the exercise so long! You must be very fit. Just use some of that same determination you used with your exercise program to master portion control.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

I recommend a book "Wheat Belly" by William Davis, MD. There's a lot of good information on carbs particularly and why so much of our available processed food causes you to be hungry all the time. Some of this stuff actually "rewires" your brain over time to cause cravings for more carbs.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

I began the "Wheat Belly" way of eating on Monday and I am down 3.25 lbs already. My appetite has already diminished substantually. I like this way of eating so much better than Atkins. I only eat from the approved list and don't worry about measuring and weighing my food any longer. It helps me not to focus on food any more.