Notices

Newbie.. to the group.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie.. to the group.

Well I guess this is where I introduce myself.. Well my name is Tammy and I am trying to get my eating and weight back under control if it ever was.. I had bariatric sergery about 6 yrs ago and got down to 175 lbs from 320 which was GREAT but as my stomach healed and i've been able to eat like i used to the weight is slowly and steadily climbing back up.. and at 245 i want to get a hold of it NOW so that i'm not back at where i started.

I am a mindless eater.. i don't eat for emotions, I think if i had to pin point a reason for it is because my mind gets bored and so that is what i turn to.. If i'm busy with a project around the house or shopping or just busy i don't eat at all.

I'm a stay at home housewife with NO kids.. We do have farm animals that keep me busy from time to time and our 7 dogs.. I have considered getting a little part time job but as of yet haven't found one.

I'm hoping that doing this will keep my brain focused on keeping up with what i'm doing (its worked before on smaller level) and hope to make friends with similar situation so that we can help each other thru the hard times..
Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

I eat out of boredom a lot also. Especially after I quit smoking a few years ago.