FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Hi, Just signed up today and now I see all the cool profile names.. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/9067-hi-just-signed-up-today-now-i-see-all-cool-profile-names.html)

JohnRobert1964 01-31-2013 06:13 AM

Hi, Just signed up today and now I see all the cool profile names..

wish I choose something better than JohnRobert1964.

(But my name isn't actually John, so HA!)

So real quick, why am I here? Well besides the extra 20 pounds around my gut (I quit smoking in 2004, and within 2 years grew the extra blubber which has stayed with me).

I have children who are active in sports and I do a fair amount of coaching. I have bad knees though (no cartiledge) so I can't run at all. I would like to stay active for them.

But what gets me really erked is my dad who is 84 recently went from 204 to 184 (he had help though, had his gaulbladder removed)

Still, not fair that he loses weight and I stay the same day after day.

I am determined to feel better!!

Now just need to learn how to use this website.

If you say Hi, I'll share my carrots with you :)

And I promise to be a good neighboor here too.

Thanks and Hi All

Bob (real name)

ahappieru 01-31-2013 06:21 AM

Hi Bob
Welcome to fitday. Thanks for the carrots, lol. You can do it and you will feel better!!

tahira.naqvi 01-31-2013 11:44 AM

Hello! and welcome! I just started here too. My personal trainer told me the best way to lose weight is to count your calories and track what you're eating. I ignored his advice for months, and didnt lose any weight. So now, I am watching what I eat here on fitday and i have started losing weight, and actually feeling really good about myself.

good luck to you!!! believe in yourself that you can do it. u really can!

kozlov 02-01-2013 01:51 AM

Hi Bob

High Bob welcome to Fitday. Everyone is different with respect to their matabolism and the amount of weight they lose. If you set up realistic goals for yourself which you can adjust, you will do fine. I also do not compare myself to anyone else since we are all different. If you do exercise daily, ie walking swimming, treadmill, etc. with reading and eat high protein , high fibre and low fat, and low carbs you will accomplish your goals and I know from me having lost 23 lbs in 5 weeks, I feel really good about myself. Best Wishes Allen:)

Originally Posted by JohnRobert1964 (Post 95087)
wish I choose something better than JohnRobert1964.

(But my name isn't actually John, so HA!)

So real quick, why am I here? Well besides the extra 20 pounds around my gut (I quit smoking in 2004, and within 2 years grew the extra blubber which has stayed with me).

I have children who are active in sports and I do a fair amount of coaching. I have bad knees though (no cartiledge) so I can't run at all. I would like to stay active for them.

But what gets me really erked is my dad who is 84 recently went from 204 to 184 (he had help though, had his gaulbladder removed)

Still, not fair that he loses weight and I stay the same day after day.

I am determined to feel better!!

Now just need to learn how to use this website.

If you say Hi, I'll share my carrots with you :)

And I promise to be a good neighboor here too.

Thanks and Hi All

Bob (real name)